• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923

m31426

I've Ben reading some other articles and posts and it seems that a lot of people have a lot of problems with there m923 and it is kinda made out to be a week truck (not week as in not powerful but week as in parts break a lot )
is this true are these trucks fragile ?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks are definately not weak. You read alot because like a Dr office, people don't generally go there unless something is wrong. When people are asking for help something is amiss. These trucks have survived everything that young GIs could throw at them and more. Are there parts that wear out and/or find their breaking point; sure! I just used my 923A2 to pull a load of fire wood out, full bed piled 4 ft high, up a steep twisting hill, and the truck didn't even know the load was there. THESE ARE NOT FRAGILE TRUCKS! I watched one at Ga Rally doing and going all kinds of places you wouldn't think possible for a truck that weighs 21K+. But that's just my opinion.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 923 went where ever I took it at the rally and yes I had a part break and did not even notice and that part was rubber.I think for a 1984 truck it still runs and drives like new. I don't think I would want to depend on a 29 year old rubber lol.

Nationwide 63s

When I was a young soldier my buddies and I ragged out 900 series 5 tons, Deuces, HEMTT's and HMMWV's we could get our hands on. We were mechanics, so our "road tests" were "justified." These trucks are built!

The only problems I ever encountered are: diff seals, inner axle seals, CTIS leaks, cv boots, clogged fuel filters, a few bad grounds and leaky air fittings. I've had to change one transmission, 1 injector pump, a lot of tires, 1 water pump, a few control boxes, a few torque rods, 1 trunion bearing and a couple of axle bearings. Those failures were from lack of use, abuse, improper maintenance, and a couple were just plain failures...........just a couple though! Just keep it running and stop the leaks.....PMCS!