• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A0/A1 vs. M923A2? (Possible Future M923A0 owner)

71DeuceAK

Jbulach, there's a thought, but I doubt there's as much up there, they've probably all been surplused. I've never seen one at auction there, and I've looked. I'm eventually thinking about moving back here to California anyhow, so one here works well. I'd love to drive her to Fairbanks and probably daily drive her there, then eventually back here, but we'll see. Maybe I'd just store her here somewhere. Truck has only 3200 miles and has sat much of its life, that would change!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They sold M916s out of wainwright last year for like under 8k.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Wow. I'll have to keep an eye out but am looking for a Deuce or M939 series 5 ton specifically. I may pull the trigger on this one since it's where I grew up and where I'd like to move back to after college anyway. Although, I would love to bring it to Fairbanks in the meantime.

Csm Davis

Hey 71DeuceAK where exactly are you in Alaska I have a couple of good friends up there one in Anchorage and one in Palmer, both military guys and might help you find what you are looking for local.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Hey CSM Davis, I'm presently living in Fairbanks, but I was previously (and will again in the future) be located in the Sitka area. It's funny, I actually had a roommate in Fairbanks who was a MV enthusiast as well, we met through Steel Soldiers by happenstance..."Where in Alaska are you located?"

I'm really liking the idea of this local truck, but if I found a Deuce or a 5 ton from there I'd consider it! Would like an M923A2/M925A2, or an M927/M928A2 if there's one there.

Nomadic

Having spent the first two decades of my life in So Cal and two decades away from there, I'd rather be in Alaska in sub-zero temps than CA in the summer and I've never been to AK :D

71DeuceAK

Nomadic, Where in SoCal? I grew up in Atascadero, about equidistant between LA and SFO. A few more Steel Soldiers members around here too, I know one in person. Come visit sometime, drive up in an MV!

Nomadic

I'd like to take you up on that! I hope to get a M934A2 this year. SuperMan has the rig I want. I was born in Santa Barbara and grew up in Ventura. I still have family there and visit. Its not a bad place, just bitter about the gangs and the impact of people who don't care for our land or other people.

71DeuceAK

LOL! I just had to drive down to Santa Barbara for a few days ago, and while it's beautiful, I wouldn't want to ever live there.

Best of luck with your 934A2! I may have the M923 above by then, maybe we could convoy up!

snowtrac nome

not too long ago I saw a duce on Fairbanks craigs list have you been checking there for one or are you dead set on one fresh out of service. I also have a buddy with several a-3 duces and 5 tons for sale in Bakersfield he tried to sell me one but I really wanted a cab that would seal

snowtrac nome

I didn't look at it I was told about it, by that time I had made my mind up on the lmtv. I wanted a cab that sealed up, the wind blows up here and diging out the cab wasn't an option for me. If you are interested in the bakersfield trucks call me 907 434 0692 I will pass on ken's info to you. I only suggested the craigs list because there are a ton of m35's up here from the old ea pattson days. I know where there are some wittenberg 5 tons with duplex tires and single man cabs old Crowley trucks too. this state is rich with MV projects from the oil and mining days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks