• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A1 Allison Hard downshift into 1st

Carlo

Mine downshifts hard as well. I am somewhat relieved that "they all do it" after
reading this thread, well, seems like most. So perhaps a filter change is in
my future and a change to DEX 3 at the same time.

I was most concerned for use on-road in the snow, seems like it would be an
invitation to loose traction coming to a stop...
If I had only one truck with a allison I would be confused but I have a M931A1 and it has never done any of these. I have heard what many on the site saying military 10w is military spec but 10w has no adatives for auto trans use. Plus Dex3 tried and tested.

My M923A2 arrived with 10w and the shift from 1st to 2nd would jar your teeth! I changed to oil to dex3 and 70% of that stopped. I then adjusted the cable to the trans (located on the IP behind the throttle cam) and the shift points were lowered to less RPM.

I dont accept people saying its normal for a hard 1 to 2 shift or down shift. It can be corrected.

Burney

I say the same as you, A smooth shift is better. Can you send me a photo of what the linkage looks like and where to find this shift adjustment. I want my M923A2 to shift smooth ,, that is if it is the same as your A1.. I am learning but i just got mine home and wanting to try work out all the issues,,
thanks...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks