• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 alternator voltage gauge readings

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that using a title relevant to the thread is mentioned in the rules. It therefore doesn't surprise me that someone so anti TM is also anti rules. Ignorance like this is why good information inputted in this thread will likely never be found in the future.

GREAT JOB!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I believe that using a title relevant to the thread is mentioned in the rules. It therefore doesn't surprise me that someone so anti TM is also anti rules. Ignorance like this is why good information inputted in this thread will likely never be found in the future.

GREAT JOB!
If NOT there sure needs to be, not sure which title is better "a bull ride" or " Please don't say read the tm's"

rickf

I am sure most of you know why he posted the title that way. Ever since he came on this forum some members have ridden his tail with every question he has asked with the RTFM crap. I, for one, do not blame him for being sarcastic and I give him a lot of credit for even sticking with the forum. Most of the time a helpful answer to the question is sufficient. You could make a suggestion to check the manual or use the search but do it in a pleasant way. This is not the Army and you people doing this are not DI's.

MidNightRider

can you buy just the regulator for that? well I would guess you can. I will check with the shop and have them order one. Never thought that just the regulator could be bad.
Thank you.
Mark
if it is the 60 amp alt, yes, just remove all 6 screws on the back of the Alt and just replace that. saves you more money than replacing the complete alt.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you MidnightRider, Now that was good intel! Thanks Rick for your post. I posted this title
because I had read the TM's and I knew as soon as I asked for help I would get told to read them.
When I ask for something on here it is my last step, I have already tried everything else I could think of. I even took the truck to 2 alt. Places. Even knowing I would get several people giving grief
I posted hoping for some help, and finaly got it. and it only took 3 pages. Thank you

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think the title bull riding was a good title. what else would you post? truck bouncing on both ends
on some parts of the freeway.
"WOULD BAD SHOCKS CAUSE ROAD BOUNCE"

"BAD SHOCKS, HOW DO YOU TELL"

"WILL TIRE AIR PRESSURE AFFECT ROAD BOUNCE"

That is three, I am sure there is a least another dozen that is more search friendly then "BULL RIDING" (unless you are searching for bull riding on a MV site, then it is a great, direct search friendly title).

rickf

Come on guys, give it a freakin break! You are like a bunch of school kids, once you know you are under someones skin you just keep digging trying to get a response. We are all a bunch old hardheaded old bastards and nobody wants to be the first to back down. Let's all just ease up a bit OK?

dozer1

:funny: I am not on any side here, but just got a kick out of that. Seems their is alot of truth to it and I can be one of the hardheads at times. My wife agrees with that. :)

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think the title bull riding was a good title. what else would you post ? truck bouncing on both ends
on some parts of the freeway.
A question was asked, and I answered, If the answer is not liked, then someone give a BETTER answer.

"WOULD BAD SHOCKS CAUSE ROAD BOUNCE"

"BAD SHOCKS, HOW DO YOU TELL"

"WILL TIRE AIR PRESSURE AFFECT ROAD BOUNCE"

That is three, I am sure there is a least another dozen that is more search friendly then "BULL RIDING" (unless you are searching for bull riding on a MV site, then it is a great, direct search friendly title).
Another ANSWER "ROAD BOUNCE, WHAT CAUSES IT"

M923driver

While on the subject of "bull riding" or "bounce" or whatever, anybody have any answers? My M923A2 can feel like it's going to come apart and then smooth out like a Caddy for a while. Figured it's next to impossible to have those 48" tires in balance, I have enough trouble with 22.5 road tires. I use the little pellets in those, anybody tried it in the super singles? The truck had a fresh depot rebuild when I got it, so I doubt if the shocks or any other mech issues are the cause. But you never know.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you check out the thread that everybody has been talking about. In this partucular situation, the search would work out just fine....all you needed to do was type "Bull Ride" and it would have popped right up.

Bull Ride Question

Dukeman

I reviving this because I have the same situation as the original post. I'm a little confused. The alternator is really hard to see from the top its covered up and really tight so you can't look straight down on it at all. There are two stories here, midnight rider says the plug is in the rear of the alternator by the regulator cover, the PS magazine article says the plug is in the front of the alternator. I found a plug in the rear of the alternator next to the regulator cover and removed it and stuck a small philips head screwdriver in there with no luck. The screw driver went about 2" down in the hole and I really couldn't get in to any notch that felt like I could turn it. You can't see down in to the hole. Did I remove the wrong plug. It is definitely the stock 60 amp alternator. Should I look again for a plug at the front?

Thanks for the help.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
You have the correct plug by the regulator. look down in the hole, it could be a allen screw. I
don't remember mine being a phillips but that is the correct hole.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
double post

You have the correct plug by the regulator. look down in the hole, it could be a allen screw. I
don't remember mine being a phillips but that is the correct hole.

Dukeman

Yeah I got it, had to disconnect the belts from the alternator and tip it to the frame to see in the hole. It is a philips, but it didnt' make any difference. It only turns one complete revolution. All the way counter clockwise was 24.46 volts and all the way clockwise went down to 24.11 volts. Those voltages were at the battery. I will do the other checks at the regulator, but I think we wind up having to replace something. Did you change out the regulator? Did that take care of it? Where did you get the regulator? And last question, why did you take a chance at buying a regulator and it possibly not fixing the problem when you can go with the Delco 21si for like $110 + shipping? Was there something about the replacement that steered you to trying a new regulator? Oops, I asked one more question. Thanks for the help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks