• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 muffler question

Ue413

Does anyone know if water gets inside these mufflers and ultimately sits and rusts them out? Is there a source for used/new? (Or a alternative non-military)

both my trucks have holes and would like to repair.......

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Water definitely gets in and rusts them out from the inside especially if they sit up for long periods of time. My muffler literally blew bottom apart on my 4 hour recovery back home.

Very easy way to prevent this is to buy a simple rain/weather cap at any heavy duty parts store.

sweetk30

I just replaced one from the whole bottom gone .

got 4ft of 4" pipe . cut off flange from old muffler .

reclamped it to pipe set up new 4" pipe section made angle cuts and welded up and clamped just like muffler to bracket .

reinstalled safty cage and welded on top flange and rebolted on turn out .

all good . bit louder but not bad at all. better than blown out muffler behind cab .

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had the same issues on many of my trucks and a flap will solve the issue after a replacement is installed. Good used ones are about $75 and new are $150 ballpark so not too bad.