• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A1 Muffler

sd39u

I blew the bottom of my muffler out of my M923A1 this weekend after the local St. Patrick's Day parade. Good news...truck is real loud now. Bad news is...truck is REAL loud now!

I figure all of the years it spent sitting idle in a yard and the rain just running down the pipe finally caught up with that old muffler. That being said, does anyone have a part number of a civilian muffler that they could share so I can get back in business? Looks to be a simple removal and re-installation project for the weekend by looking at the TM's

Thanks in advance!

Eric

machinist75

I used a off-road muffler I found on epay, cut the flanges off the stock one and welded them on the new one. Louder than the original one but not as crazy as a straight pipe.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I blew the bottom of my muffler out of my M923A1 this weekend after the local St. Patrick's Day parade. Good news...truck is real loud now. Bad news is...truck is REAL loud now!

I figure all of the years it spent sitting idle in a yard and the rain just running down the pipe finally caught up with that old muffler. That being said, does anyone have a part number of a civilian muffler that they could share so I can get back in business? Looks to be a simple removal and re-installation project for the weekend by looking at the TM's

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Ditto for me but I blew it out on I-10 on recovery. Check the air brake tubing for the drains and make sure it it is not toasty. Also, After I changed the muffler, I used take off parts but I added a rain cap. They can be horizontal or vertical. Since I live in the sub tropics, I figure the rain cap is actually probably keeping 98% of the water out while it is parked.

R&R is straight forward. The gasket is a military specific . SECO sold me some reasonable.
http://secoaugusta.com/

Last edited:

jarhead1086

I've been looking as well. $300+ for a military replacement just seems like highway robbery.
I just gave my muffler to Boyce here in Ogden. It was in great shape from a dry desert truck. I bet they still have it. I am just about done converting mine to rear exhaust so I can start it in the garage and dust convertibles. I needed the 5" for the turbo too.

Alexsha

If they still have it I'd pick it up in person! But having got it for free, they'll probably sell it for $200. Gonna call them tomorrow and see. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Last edited:

Alexsha

I just gave my muffler to Boyce here in Ogden. It was in great shape from a dry desert truck. I bet they still have it. I am just about done converting mine to rear exhaust so I can start it in the garage and dust convertibles. I needed the 5" for the turbo too.
Yup, I was right. They're selling it for $200. Did you really give it to them for free? If so they're making a nice profit.

jarhead1086

Yup, I was right. They're selling it for $200. Did you really give it to them for free? If so they're making a nice profit.
I have been giving them my left overs to get a positive credit for stuff. I am done doing that after hearing this. I have needed upper radiator hoses for a long while and they never have them in stock. I will offer it to my brothers first for now on. Sorry.