• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A1 shifter stuck in reverse.

Hooper

Well, before I go out in the cold to repair. I thought I would see if anyone else has had this happen. I was parking my truck and when I went to shift out of reverse, the selector would not move. My hunch is that the cable release is simply not moving far enough to allow it to come out. Anyone else have a suggestion.

GHall

Maybe grab another person to work that shifter while you're underneath the vehicle.. With the truck off, on a flat surface, the wheels chocked and the parking brake on. Maybe a little spray lube on the shift linkages. Was the truck warmed up or real cold when you noticed the problem?

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the cable is binding, or it could even have broken.

I agree with GHall, get someone to sit under the truck and see what's going on when the shifter is moved.

Hooper

Maybe grab another person to work that shifter while you're underneath the vehicle.. With the truck off, on a flat surface, the wheels chocked and the parking break on. Maybe a little spray lube on the shift linkages. Was the truck warmed up or real cold when you noticed the problem?

I had driven to work with it. It has always taken a small tug to get it out.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had similar cables break and then when the cable started to unraval inside the housing, it froze up.

I agree the most likely cause is a binding cable.