• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 slave start issues

big block 88

Yes. Exactly. Bet there was a big arc when connecting. I would like to have an ammeter on it.

How did it not drain the battery when the negative terminal was connected? I thought the outer part was grounded, so would be direct short.

From my thinking there would not be an explosion when everything was still hooked up on the correct polarity just had the positive lead on a positive terminal on the battery without the starter hooked up. And the negative was on the battery with the main chassis negative on it. Like i said it did spark but the spark would have been massive if the polarity reversed.

All i did was basically switch batteries but negative and positive were not reversed. The slow drain on the batteries looks like a cooked aud wire the owner had run and had been rubbed raw and had a dead short in it.

Im not an electric guy by any means but i know i dont want to tangle with 4 6tl batts and definitely dont want to tango with the 2 massive 8d's.

I know that we need to address the batts contacting the lid bottom. I will post up my fix in raising it 1/4" all around.

Last edited:

big block 88

I absolutely hate having those massive batts in the cab. I have them strapped down tight but still i worry about the what ifs. If in an accident and batteries arc out and boom instant cab fire..... or worse...

74M35A2

Batteries are serious stuff. They literally are a bomb, a device which rests in potential energy form, awaiting to transform into kinetic energy, and large amounts of both, through means of sulfuric acid, hydrogen gas, and lead. If you have ever seen a battery explode, you will understand why they are encased in steel boxes on equipment. I have seen one let go, it sounded like a 30-06 hunting rifle, and all that was left was the cables, and it was hooked up correctly. Very serious stuff. Make sure your connections are clean, tight, and correct, with no exception. If you can't see a polarity sign on a battery, don't guess. Get a rag and a light, clean off the battery top, and decipher it accurately. You only get one set of eyes. I hate batteries, and minimize them anytime possible. Make sure your alternator is not over-charging. I've also seen battery cabling catch fire from an alternator regulator stuck on.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks