• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 16R20 Tire Conversion

brock

Hi Everyone!

I am thinking about converting from 14R20 to 16R20 tires on my 923A2.

There are some for sale near me for $200 each and they appear to be in great condition/nearly new.

Can I simply swap the 16R20 tires onto my stock wheels? If so, will my CTIS still work? How will my already terrible turning radius affected?

I realize this question has probably been asked so if there is a thread that answers this please post in reply.

Thank you!!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rim size the same
There will be very little clearance between bogey tires
Ctis I believe would still work
Turn radius should still suck
Truck will go faster
Speedo would be off
Would suck even more to change tire
Spare might not fit rack

Reckless

Here is a pic of 14.00 to 16.00 comparison. You can see there is very minimal clearance between the tires and much flex will push it into the bed. The tires will scrub on the pitman arm and the hydraulic cylinder shield. The best way to fix this is to turn the bump stops in a little, so you will loose a little turning radius. CTIS, I'm not sure about as I removed it when I swapped the tires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432948443.365374.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks