• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Air Pressure not building

KenK96

OK gentlemen,

I have looked through the threads and have replaced both the governor and PPV for my 923A2 and the pressure does not build above 18PSI. The compressor is pushing the air but the system is not building pressure. I have also replaced the dryer element this year. Any ideas would be great.

Ken

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a compressor so you can air truck up and see if you can hear any leaks..
If no leaks compressor not working

KenK96

Thanks for the replies. Purge valve on dryer has been replaced, I disconnected a line at the compressor and it is good. The compressor gasket was replaced at the beginning of the season. All glad hands are off. I am going to charge the system from the emergency supply in the rear and listen for leaks as it is hard to do with the engine running.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea my 925 is real slow and stops at 60psi if I don't hold the rpm up. I was thinking it might be the coalescing filter realy oiled up bad. I just ordered off SS a new replacement unit rather than replacing everything that realy needs replacing in these units.

Last edited:

dilligaf13

Charge the air system, via the blue service glad hand. If you hear no leaks checks the outlet line of the air compressor, while the trucks running. It should be around 300 degrees, after a few minutes of the truck running. If the outlet line is just warm to the touch, and not hot, than it's a compressor issue. The most common issues, with compressor, are the unloader head and governor. NAPA sells a reman unit for under $300 and members on SS have used units for much less.

Big Tex

I ham having similar issues with loosing air... but my tanks do build pressure. If I park for even a half hour the pressure will be gone. Any ideas on what could cause the leak or where it could be leaking from?

Big Tex

I am having a air leak issue with one of the sensors on the main / top air tank on the passenger side. I have tried to first drain all air then take the sensor off but it wont budge... I think that when it was in service they used RED locktite... :'(
Any ideas on how to check for leaks elsewhere and how to stop / seal them?

Thanks!

dilligaf13

Soapy water in a spray bottle to check the air system for leaks. The leak will more than likely be at a fitting. There's a liquid fitting sealant (can't remember the name), don't use Teflon tape, it'll send ribbons of tape into the dryer and ruin it. Also could be an air line leak caused by rubbing a hole in a air line

Last edited:

Powershift

I had an issue with trouble building air in the Primary system. Replacing all my check valves cured it. I now make sure I drain my air tanks every evening after I drive it (I drive my truck every day). A little moisture can cause corrosion in the valves, and other parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks