• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 and a M105A2 trailer

Gunzy

No, but my M105A2 leans down in front when connected. I need to flip the lunette on it yet but it is VERY tight into the tongue.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes but in will lean to the front and is really heavy. You would be better off with an M1016A1 trailer.
They make (or you can fabricate) a draw bar for them. Otherwise, no it won't hook up. Either way, the RBU won't be powered.

As Gunzy said, they're heavy...

I'm picking up a mk16 July 2nd, using an M923A2 as the prime mover. I'll post more on it when I have something relevant to say...

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you will notice on the trucks with super singles the pintal hitch sits lower than on the ones that came stock with the 1100 tires. I think there was a modification when they rebuilt the A1's into the A2's. On the older trucks the hitch went through the rear crossmember, on the newer ones it sits below the crossmember on a heavy piece of steel attached to the crossmember.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you will notice on the trucks with super singles the pintal hitch sits lower than on the ones that came stock with the 1100 tires. I think there was a modification when they rebuilt the A1's into the A2's. On the older trucks the hitch went through the rear crossmember, on the newer ones it sits below the crossmember on a heavy piece of steel attached to the crossmember.
My truck in post #13 is actually a 1984 M925, I put the super singles on it but it has the heavy piece of steel that Wreckerman speaks of.

Psycho Path

Thanks everyone for the replies on the Oshkosh MK14 hook up to M923a2. I'll check out some of your suggestions. It would be nice to find an 18 - 21 foot flatbed that matches up to the bed of the M923a2. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks