• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Brake lights

Blarsen

I won a trailer form IP and after we plugged it into my truck we found that the wire under the trailer had been damaged and it caused my truck brake lights to stop working (all other lights work) I have looked at the TM's and cant find a Breaker or Fuse for that circuit, is there one? or have a shorted out my brake light switch?
thanks in advance
Bret

Blarsen

Hulk
I have read both of those and it shows no fuse/breaker for the stoplight circuit at all, just to check the brake light switch and main light controller. I would think it has to have a fuse/breaker in there someplace, but they forgot to list it.

The HUlk

I would think it has to have a fuse/breaker in there someplace, but they forgot to list it.
As crazy as it sounds there is no fuse or circuit breaker for the brake lights specifically. There are only four or five circuit breakers for the entire vehicle! The wiring diagram is at back of field maint. manual part 5. There should also be a section in one of the field maint. manuals that addresses no stop lamp condition. Check the table of contents in part 1 to find it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hulk
I have read both of those and it shows no fuse/breaker for the stoplight circuit at all, just to check the brake light switch and main light controller. I would think it has to have a fuse/breaker in there someplace, but they forgot to list it.
There should be a circut breaker to 3 lever light switch , the brake lights get power through that switch . Check for power to the brake light switch , if no power there check 3-way light switch.

The HUlk

I purchased a new brake/pressure switch, when I get it installed i will give an update.
thanks
You can disconnect the current brake pressure switch & jump the two wires together to determine if the switch is NG fyi. With the light switch in Ser. Drv. position the brake lights should come on when the wires are jumped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks