• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Camperized first attempt

Snowtiger

I hope that I'm not breaking any rules here but it was suggested by some that I should give this its own post so here it goes. I purchased my M923A2 from Fort Drum approx, 4 years ago. Never before have I enjoyed something so much as maintaining and driving and feeling like I own a little bit of American history as my truck. I have made a few attempts to contract out the building of living qaurters in the back as well as having an area for recreational enjoyment. I would like to share my three months of blood ,sweat and frustration of designing something that I feel is perfect for someone like me as well as not damaging the origional look of the truck. It was my intention that if this failed I would be able to remove the insert from the back with minimal effort. I will provide some pictures to wet those interested curiosity. Keep in mind the materials list roughly pointed out is as follows, keep in mind I'm only 80% complete. I will post pictures shortly as I am having issues attaching them with this first thread

- 11 sheets of 3/4" and 5/8" plywood (good one side)
- wide assortment of wood screws
- 10 tubes of silicone based epoxy clear
- 2 gallons of paint (tan/green)
- hinges door handles
- self lay linoleum
and a few other items but this gets you an idea.

without any previous experience in building campers I did allot of reading and designing on paper. If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to answer any questions or listen to ideas.
I am posting just a few pictures and will post more if there's an interest.

Attachments

Last edited:

Snowtiger

the m923a2 is a cargo carrier with a box on the back that is 14 feet long and a width just over 7 feet with bows and a cover. So the entire interior I built to essentially give me a good bunk and bathing area with plenty of storage. The bunk area is insulated with a headliner. The door separates the bunking area from where I will be keeping my boat and storage with a sealed floor I will provide pictures soon. From the outside you cannot tell what I have built inside.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice.

Snowtiger

Here is one picture just to show I haven't altered the originality of the truck other than just adding the landing lights on the front, I was very lucky the folks at Fort Drum gave me 7 brand new tires and wow very very kind. The second picture looks crowded but the boat slides out easy then the platform it's sitting on is actually 3 - 4' x 2' lifetimes tables which are very handy with a 4x4 timber with rubber matting to take the weight off the tables. But while the boats in there it's still easy to gain access to the door to the bunk area. Also I carry 8 - 5 gallon interlocking water jerry cans so I use gravity feed water pressure I'll have photos of that when it's done.
IMG_2747.jpgIMG_2750.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks