• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Cold Weather Recovery Tomorrow!

NightOwl

Looks like he had it moved off the lot to the parking area in front of GL when I got there.
Good looking truck. Do you want to sell those bows?
Thanks a million for the info!!! I wasn't being notified of the posts to this thread for some strange reason. No, I think the cargo cover is in the back so I'll need the bows. Thanks again, big relief.

chadande

No mention of the cab heater, must of been ok? Glad to hear all worked out fine and you got it home.
The heater hept the cab warm when it was in the teens and already warmed up. When we got underway after being shut down in below zero temps for a few hours it just couldn't keep up.
If I would have stopped and made a cover for the front I'm sure it would have helped, but I was dressed for it and just wanted to get home.

camp9

The heater hept the cab warm when it was in the teens and already warmed up. When we got underway after being shut down in below zero temps for a few hours it just couldn't keep up.
If I would have stopped and made a cover for the front I'm sure it would have helped, but I was dressed for it and just wanted to get home.
Ya, know what ya mean about getting home, the colder it get the more urgent it seems to be to get a problem fixed and back underway. I have to go this week and pick my truck and trailer up. I picked up a bmy m931. I need to pick up a fuel filter to have on hand for the trip. If you don't mind me asking whats the # filter you had? They should be the same. I normally stop at the advanced auto in Thoma on the way home once I have the truck and know for sure what the filter is, but would be nice to have it ahead of time in case they don't have it. Thanks.

chadande

I ended up with three brands all with different part numbers. The one I remember is NAPA 3472.
I'll see what the other brands and part numbers are tonight.

camp9

Here are the spin on fuel filters I used:
NAPA 3472
CarQuest 86472
Hastings FF898 (still in box) This one has a much nicer drain on the bottom than the other two.
That's a huge help, thanks much. Just so I'm clear, these are all the same filter just different makes, or do I need all three because there are three on the truck? I see you guys are under a winter storm watch.

commandojeff

That's a huge help, thanks much. Just so I'm clear, these are all the same filter just different makes, or do I need all three because there are three on the truck? I see you guys are under a winter storm watch.
I'm pretty sure these are just the three different brand filters he used throughout his recovery because he was having a fuel issue.

Nice looking truck by the way :beer:

chadande

Yes, they are all the same just purchased at 3 different places.

camp9

Thanks for the filter info. Got my truck yesterday and pick up a filter to have one hand on the way there. Its a purolator, so here's another # to add to the list. Purolator F60152

chadande

No, was trying to turn around and go the other way on the highway. I'm glad I didn't try a U turn at the stoplight, would never have made it.

roadagent

Thanks for posting up your problem and solution. My truck is currently sitting on the side of the road with same problems. Will start and idle. I get no throttle response. Changed fuel filter this morning. Filter Looked terrible. Ran great for 150 miles then nothing but idle.

Thanks for posting up your problem and solution. My truck is currently sitting on the side of the road with same problems. Will start and idle. I get no throttle response. Changed fuel filter this morning. Filter Looked terrible. Ran great for 150 miles then nothing but idle.

Yikes, you're out along the road right now?

chadande

Check all fuel filters and if they are good make sure fuel flows freely from the tank. Thats where the fuel cap with the schrader valve was handy.

roadagent

I started my own thread. M 936 no throttle response. I bypassed tank and selector valve with inline pump at 5 psi from fresh bucket of diesel. No change. Bought Schrader valve for fuel tank......generator won't start for first time in three years. So I didn't get a chance to blow any lines out. I did get it off highway to a truck stop. But that's all I have accomplished so far. Please post anymore ideas on my thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks