• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Columbus OH recovery.

Plane Fast

Well made it home safe and sound!

Old Murphy tried to get me at the end. I thought the trip was going too easy.
Going down a back country road, the gas pedal stopped responding. I was doing about 50mph. I could not tell the engine had quit. The rpms were normal, good oil pressure. Only the engine was dead. Being back driven from the Trans. I pulled off the road thinking the worst.

Tried to restart, but it would run for 30sec. then quit with a click. I thought that the protection control box was killing it. I was wondering if I had missed something in the TM that would kill the engine in an over temp condition. Ran out to the hood, and checked the fluids. They all still looked good. Heck the engine was not even that hot to the touch. So it was not internal. Walked to the other side to check the throttle linkage.

Well I saw it right off the bat! The linkage had a big burn mark. The fuel shut off solenoid had rubbed the linkage and shorted out. That's why it would run for 30sec and then shut off.

Because this forum is such a wealth of information. I knew all I had to do was bend the solenoid out of the way, and get back on the road.

Thanks again to all of you that make this a great forum!

New squaks
1. Fuel gauge looks like a metronome.
2. Front rear axel drive seal.
3. I do not think I have the right oil pressure gauge.

Attachments

mattgunguy

Congrats on the safe recovery and trip! Now if you could send some of that warm weather back towards the midwest.
That ain't no joke. I'll mail ya some extra bows for some warmer weather. Metal, wood, or plastic? Take your pick. Just send some sunshine back.

Good job on the recovery & congrats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks