• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Compressor Noise

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Some A2 fans operate without air pressure to them. Some operate with air. It depends on the type of clutch brand it has.
In that case, we need documentation of both so I can edit, and maybe make a sticky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlesmann

Please note the capitalized words are not yelling, it’s to break up the large paragraphs and emphasize.

thanks. ill looks further when i get off my hitch.
why would one think you are yelling? doesn't everyone know CAPS is to denote a significant phrase, word or so forth, so as to not misunderstand, miss it or whatever?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
thanks. ill looks further when i get off my hitch.
why would one think you are yelling? doesn't everyone know CAPS is to denote a significant phrase, word or so forth, so as to not misunderstand, miss it or whatever?
Since caps is generally yelling in the internet world, sometimes folks think I’m yelling

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any way to tell by looking at them?
Nope. If it comes on when the air tanks are empty then its a NO shutterstat.

The m915 series trucks share the same NO shutterstat 1047-36000-30 as some m939A2s

charlesmann

Since caps is generally yelling in the internet world, sometimes folks think I’m yelling

you know what they say, "thought nit, thought he farted but he @#%$". that is bc they are overly sensitive. i sometimes type all caps. I'm blind in 1 eye, can't see out the other, and opposite for hearing, can't hear out of 1 and deaf in the other. i use caps to help me format small font cells and forget to turn it off, then folks on another forum think I'm yelling. i just keep it going then, just to stir the proverbial pot.

but, hey, thanks for the info. that dan actuator is $200, so i'll harvest first then buy new if need be, and rebuild 1. where do you get the packings from? the ipc doesn't show o-rings, and since its a paozz cage code, its a throw away item to begin with.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Good new ones can be had as low as $80 on popular auction sites, and that thread I linked earlier gives info on the rebuild parts to order sir. I can’t dig through at the moment, but if you pay more than $100 for a brand new unit you’re overpaying

fpchief

Nope. If it comes on when the air tanks are empty then its a NO shutterstat.

The m915 series trucks share the same NO shutterstat 1047-36000-30 as some m939A2s

Just let mine get up to temp, brought it back home and let it idle building more heat. Got to 220 and no fan. Reckon I need to rebuild it or replace. I have o-ring sets so will try if rebuilding works first.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Just let mine get up to temp, brought it back home and let it idle building more heat. Got to 220 and no fan. Reckon I need to rebuild it or replace. I have o-ring sets so will try if rebuilding works first.
Before you tear it down, take a thermal gun and shoot the pipe where that threads in, just to rule out a sensing unit misreading

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
He is referring to the shutterstat to ensure its reading the correct temp

8.3s have two thermostats
Some do and some don’t, my truck did not and had a 3 or 4 piece housing i can’t remember. Crazy the minor variations

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yea, but the thermostats could cause the temps to be wrong at the shutter stat correct?
205 thermostat. If its open you will know it.

Temp sensor is on the block down near the lower hose. Shoot that with the temp gun first compared to your gauge

fpchief

205 thermostat. If its open you will know it.

Temp sensor is on the block down near the lower hose. Shoot that with the temp gun first compared to your gauge
Yesterday took it out and ran it pretty good. Then idled down my road trying to build heat. Gauge got to around 230 but shooting the area around the sending unit was around 195....I think. Kinda crowded down there. Looks like my gauge may be off alot. I just want the thermostat to open so I can get good heat to upper pipe to check shutterstat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks