• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Cummins belts

ohsmily

So, this thread has a huge and great list of parts for 5 ton trucks.https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/5-ton-parts-quick-reference-spreadsheet.82404/

I just ordered a bunch of belts to have on hand for my M923A2 in case one breaks on the road so I'm not dead in the water. However, I realized after the fact that A2 trucks don't have the NHC250 engine! So, what gives? Why no belt part numbers for the Cummins in the A2 trucks? What am I missing? Or am I mistaken?

Thank you!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So, this thread has a huge and great list of parts for 5 ton trucks.https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/5-ton-parts-quick-reference-spreadsheet.82404/

I just ordered a bunch of belts to have on hand for my M923A2 in case one breaks on the road so I'm not dead in the water. However, I realized after the fact that A2 trucks don't have the NHC250 engine! So, what gives? Why no belt part numbers for the Cummins in the A2 trucks? What am I missing? Or am I mistaken?

Thank you!
A2 Specific parts are at the bottom of the spreadsheet

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of belts, I've been thinking about going to a banded v-belt instead of a matched pair of singles when I replace my belts again. According to the marketing peoples they're supposed to be better but they could suck to install.
1620787607393.png

ericp351

Speaking of belts, I've been thinking about going to a banded v-belt instead of a matched pair of singles when I replace my belts again. According to the marketing peoples they're supposed to be better but they could suck to install.
View attachment 834133
Those have been availiable in industrial catalogs for years- Usefull when belts roll in extream applications. I'd avoid unless you are rolling your belts. If ya are- I'd fix that, or get name brand regular belts. Just free advice from a retired marine engineer type.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 834133
IMO, having a matched pair rather than a molded pair seems better.
Opinions are like other things - everyone has one.

On the other hand, if belt #1 in a pair "goes south" and doesn't wipe out belt #2 you were served notice.
Operating with one belt isn't good, but it might get you home.

I would expect the molded pair to fail in one action.
Maybe. Maybe not... Definitely food for thought...

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any issues with belts rolling, but
I've noticed that on my steering pump (NHC-250) what started out as a matched pair has become 1 tight belt and 1 loose belt and I bet a molded pair would stretch more evenly over time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks