• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 dies when I hit the brake

ichudov

I posted another thread previously "M923a2 dies when put in gear".

Well, since then I changed both fuel filters and it does NOT die when I put it in gear, especially if I push the gas pedal a bit. It does drive.

However, the truck dies every time when I stop it with brakes. It is as if something happens in the transmission and it does not disengage from the engine upon brake application, so the brakes stall the engine. Kind of like if I tried to stop a truck with a manual transmission and forgot to take it out of gear.

Any idea what it may be? Why would use of brakes kill the engine?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds transmission torque converter related; the torque converter is stay locked up and not releasing.

goldneagle

Since you normally have to take your foot off the accelerator pedal in order to apply the brakes maybe you still have a fuel feed issue. (not enough fuel going to IP) You may have a an air leak in your fuel line or filter housing. Try applying the emergency brake lever to stop the truck while still giving it just enough fuel to keep the engine from staling. The spring brakes should be able to hold the truck at low RPMs.

If your engine is not idling without help from you in Summer weather than you still did not resolve the first problem. Your 2nd problem may be your first problem unsolved.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will jump on the Scar59 train. Would unplugging the lock up solenoid I believe is on top of your trans. change the problem.

ichudov

I will jump on the Scar59 train. Would unplugging the lock up solenoid I believe is on top of your trans. change the problem.
FLoridianson, I have a feeling that you are on the right track. Can you explain me where approximately that lock up solenoid is on top of the trans?

That solenoid malfunctioning would provide a good explanation.

Thanks!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try what 98G said and just shift into neutral to check. I only had a 939 series for a short time but if I remember right it is on top of the Trans. on a line. The other question would be where is the sensor that controls the solenoid? I also lost my computer and all the good TM's

ichudov

FLoridianson, I have a feeling that you are on the right track. Can you explain me where approximately that lock up solenoid is on top of the trans?

That solenoid malfunctioning would provide a good explanation.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks