• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 EGT, boost guage, route clearance lights install

Ford Mechanic

I just installed some new guages and lights. The guages I bought off Amazon and we're 12 volt. I decided to install a 12 and 24 volt fuse panel were the CTIS valve used to be to make all my wiring easier. I used the CTIS switched power to trigger a relay so I had 12 volts switched on when in run. I also put a 12 volt power point on this relay. The guage pod I hand made.

More to come...

uploadfromtaptalk1410540724344.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410540674470.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410540653196.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410540623547.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410540594957.jpg

Ford Mechanic

The guages work well but I wish I had just bought 2 of the Auberins guages as I've found I read the numbers faster than the guage. The EGT guage I removed the turbo to aid in cleaning after the drilling and tapping. The boost sensor, I removed the pipe to aid in install.

The lights I bought from my local Dixie Auto parts, they are LED and rated for 12-24 volts. I ran them off a relay and used my overspeed light(which was unused) for a
rear light indicator.uploadfromtaptalk1410570368308.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410570405025.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410570428725.jpg

Attachments

Ford Mechanic

Thanks. What kind of max EGT are you seeing, and have you turned up any fuel settings yet?
Yes I've been turning up the fuel in it. I had turned the fuel up slightly before the guage install and it was topping out at 1050*f. Now I've about got it where I want it and it's maxing at a little over 1200*f and has lots better power and smoke.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I've been turning up the fuel in it. I had turned the fuel up slightly before the guage install and it was topping out at 1050*f. Now I've about got it where I want it and it's maxing at a little over 1200*f and has lots better power and smoke.
I like your installs! I installed an EGT gauge, turned both fuel settings up and Gov springs. I can get EGT's as high as id like, what have we deemed "safe". I am going to look into an intercooler, the truck just wants to go but temps climb to fast.

Ford Mechanic

22-25 psi easily, 30-32 psi if I really push it. When you start turning it up, at a point it a 1/4 turn makes a lot of difference, and changes the heat and boost settings a lot

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpg
I just drove this rig to the Georgia rally. I turn the fuel up and installed a pyrometer prior to leaving. It was a good thing I installed the pyrometer because the truck gets very very hot very quickly! I am going to look into a different radiator and adding an intercooler because the truck has so much power but you cannot do anything with it because it heats up so quickly. The different radiator is just to allow the intercooler pipes to clear inside of the hood instead of in the fender wells. I installed the 4000 gov Springs and I bet this truck would run 100 miles an hour not joking at all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks