• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 gear oil leak from CTIS

MATT

I'm getting gear oil from a part mounted on the left rear frame. The part seems to be a CTIS "T" that must supply air to the rear tires/rear axle. Is there a check valve somewhere? Anyone come across this?

PSturg66

In the wheel hubs. My bad I read this quick, the part you are talking about, looks like a valve, yes? Normally when you see 80/90 or gear oil coming out of the QRF or quick release valve, it is a sign of a ctis seal that is allowing air into the diff housing. Most the time, it blows it out of the breather. There is a check valve on the wheel assy, but that is so that the air doesn't leak from the tire back into the system.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PSturg66

Before you tear it down, take off the line on the outside of the wheel assy that supplies the air. See if there is oil there. Do that to all your wheels. Each wheel assy that you find oil at, is where you will find a blown seal.

Last edited: