• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Head gasket job photo dump

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Unloading some pictures that may help someone in the future, if you have any questions just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I had been running nearly 80% WMO/Gas mix for many miles before I lost my head gasket and severe carbon build up was present on the pistons, I had to carefully scrape and clean every piston. Re timed the engine to 15.5° with a maxed out injection pump.

Ajax MD

Lots of photos taken by shop light. You put in long hours.

Did you have any work done to the head or just clean it up? Magnaflux or anything like that?
What was the bit that broke? Looked like a glow plug or snapped off drill bit or easy-out. That probably really sucked.

I have the NHC 250 so I'm not that familiar with your engine.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Lots of photos taken by shop light. You put in long hours.

Did you have any work done to the head or just clean it up? Magnaflux or anything like that?
What was the bit that broke? Looked like a glow plug or snapped off drill bit or easy-out. That probably really sucked.

I have the NHC 250 so I'm not that familiar with your engine.
I took the head to turbo diesel and electric out of forest park to be machined and new valve guides and seals installed along with a 3 angle valve job.

The gasket had blown near cylinder 2 to the driver side outside of block, you could feel the compression escape when running.

The broken part you see is the return line on one of the injectors snapped from being pried out, I had a set of new injectors and didn’t care for the stubbornness of it to stay in the head to say the least

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks