• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 height

Beltman

Will a M932A2 fit under a 10 foot door? Specs say 122.3 inches or 10 feet 2.3 inches I'm building a shed and don't think a can go bigger than a ten foot door.how bad is it to fold the windshield down? Biggest I can build is 24' wide by 30' deep

MtnSnow

It will be more than just laying down the windshield to get under a 10' door. Put in a 11 or even better a 12 and have plenty of clearance. Now if your parking for long long term then you might be able to deal with a 10 footer for a once or maybe twice a year take down of the truck

mydingo

It will not fit without removing the cargo cover. You can get the height down to about 9 feet 7 in by removing the tire crane. Exhaust stack and air inlet . I can fit my m923a2 in a 8 foot door with about 1in to spare at the top of the steering wheel. Also Get the TM and read it. You can download it from this site.

Beltman

Thanks for the reply. I have read some of the TM's I'm looking for someone who does it a lot . How long does it take. I'm not going run a cargo cover and I could lose the tire crane.looks like that would do it. Thanks .
garage doors only come in 2' increments so it's 10' or 12' I know 12 would be better but can't do it

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can gain a couple more inches getting rid of the super singles and going to 11:00-20's , but you still got the exhaust and air intake to deal or reroute them .

mydingo

Thanks for the reply. I have read some of the TM's I'm looking for someone who does it a lot . How long does it take. I'm not going run a cargo cover and I could lose the tire crane.looks like that would do it. Thanks .
garage doors only come in 2' increments so it's 10' or 12' I know 12 would be better but can't do it
I think it will not take more then 30 minutes with practice that is with a soft top. You may not have to remove the soft top as I did . You may be able to keep it attached at the top of the windshield and fold it over on top of it. That way it's a one man job.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Mine with davit and stack is just at 10 feet. I cut 4 inches off the exhaust and welded it back together you can't tell. And I took off the davit. Lots of low underpasses in my neck of the woods. I am 9 foot 7 inches if I can remember correctly.

Jim Timber

My shop has 11' ceiling while my garage only has 10. Because the shop sits behind the house and the house is up a hill from the street - no one ever even notices the shop is back there. The roof lines are off a foot, and the ceilings obviously don't match. Both have the same pitch roofs and eve overhang.

Blending or not blending has more to do with being similarly constructed, sided, and roofed than having the same height or proportions.

The one thing you might need to watch out for is some codes don't allow accessory structures to exceed the height of the principle structure (dwelling). That's the one that can bite you if you have a single story house with a relatively low pitch roof.

I got away with it because the garage side of my house has a lower roof than the other side of the "L" which is 32' wide instead of 24' like the part that meets up with my shop. So the roof on the front part of the house is 18" taller which gives me the extra foot I needed.

My shop is 11' ceiling because I wanted an 8' hook height for my bridge crane. The I-beam, trolley, and hoist take up a lot of room.

Feel free to ask any other building questions. I learned a lot by building my shop myself.

I have a 10 ft. truck door on My garage in Wisconsin. I just put the ctiu in sand mode, let it go down, and backed it into the bay. The rubber wheel on tire crane just skimmed the rubber bottom of the door. also the mirrors had to be pulled in, but it was no problem getting it in!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks