• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Interlock air cylinder

MarcM35A2

Well.... just replaced the Interlock Air cylinder at my M923A2 because it broke apart. But... what does the cylinder do??? What is it good for????
Thanks.....

MarcM35A2

Thanks for your advice. I´ve already read a lot of manuals.... My Problem is that I don´t understand the function. Have read how to replace it (What I have already done) and checked the part catalog. BUT... when I bought my Truck, my interlock air cylinder was broken. (see picture) Like I said, I replaced it. Now I tried to shift from high gear to neutral. (Pressing the button on the lever and pull up). It works. But when I tried to shift back to high gear I don´t bring in the gear. Why is that? Could it be the interlock cylinder??? Have already released all the air from all systems.... but no chance to shift back to high gear.
Then I removed the cylinder and the pin. Tried again to shift back to high gear. But no chance. Not with air, not without.
Any Ideas??? Would be very helpfull! Thanks again!!!!!!!
Maybe the problem is the reason why the old cylinder has benn broken...................

Attachments

When there is no air in the system like both guages should say zero. Then you should still be able to shift and it should be pretty easy. Usually with the interlock, it makes for pretty hard shifting. I would suggest just disconnecting the air to it and capping it off. I did this and my truck shifts like butter. Try rolling the truck while doing it and make sure it is in neutral.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks