• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Keyed battery switch termination

Snowtiger

I have been looking at all the submissions for installing the keyed battery switch and I can't seem to find the one picture I'm looking for. It is the picture of how the cables are terminated at the opposite end to the switch. I was hoping to find it so either I some how missed it or it doesn't exist. Could I ask if someone would be able to help me out. I have an M923A2 1991 with the solar battery tenders and want to install a remote key for security reasons. I have the POLLACK switch if any of this info helps, thank you kindly for any help that you folks can offer.

Snowtiger

Sorry I didn't make it very clear, what I'm looking for is what the termination looks like at the other end. I could see the termination at the switch but wasn't sure how it was done at the opposite end.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I can make you a replacement keyed ignition switch to go in place of the original. It plugs in the mounting hole needs to be made slightly larger.

Snowtiger

That is an interesting possibility, was looking at trying to keep everything original and just have a hidden key. I really appreciate your offer but I better try to find what the termination looks like. I may have to wait before the picture shows up. I'm hopeful, because I have no idea how the termination is done.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The dash switch connectors are packard style like the light connectors. You can put a keyed high current switch in the side of the battery box to switch off the batteries directly.

MtnSnow

Here is mine. The negative from under the truck was moved to the hole drilled in the floor under the switch. The Negative from the slave was bolted together and heat shrinked and it goes to the same post on the back of the switch. The Negative from the battery goes to the other post on the back of the switch. This way the system can not start even with a slave cable unless the switch is keyed on.

Keyed_Battery_Switch.jpg

taperrine

If the offer to make a keyed starter switch is still open, or if you know where I can get one I can use in my M923A2, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks