• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 leaking coolant into engine!?!?

BrokenArrowLodge

I remembered another thing. EASY fix. If, at sometime in the life of your truck, it was filled with plain 'ol water, well that caused rust, cavitation, etc. The soft plugs can be damaged when just water is used. When you drain the water and install coolant, the damage should stop, or be slowed from progressing further. Well, if this has happened, there are a few soft/freeze plugs in the head, under the V/C that will leak, causing coolant in the oil. Most of the time when the start, they leak under pressure only but get to the point that they leak as fs as coolant can be putin. When you pressure it, remove the V/C to have a look at these. If they are the leakers, just do them all and you'll be done.

Just a thought
Awesome, thanks Will!! I will check that as well. I really appreciate the info!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks