• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 M925A2 a good snow plow truck?

ichudov

I have been thinking. An M923A2 is a cool truck, but not very useful commercially. And then I realized that it could be great for snow plowing. It is a heavy duty truck, starts easily in the cold, has six wheel drive, CTIS, etc. All an M923A2 would need for plowing is a hydraulic unit, nd M925A2 has it already. Adding a plow set-up should not be difficult. Am I missing anything?

mattyboy

would be good for roads or remote drives . commercial lots unless massive would be out of the question. also you would at least 10-11 foot plow that will be expensive. and also the reliabilty will be an issue. at 4 in the morning when something on the truck breaksdown, your Screwd. if you already have truck drive as you normally would. if you can afford one of these monsters you can afford a cheap ford or chevy , dodge pick up with plow. that will be cheaper in the long run. i have 9 years commercial plowing expirience!!

Vintage iron

I have been working on a customer's M931. I have helped him overcome the issues of a 24V truck and 12v commercial plow and accessories. I don't think the hydraulics on the M925. I am not sure they were meant for constant duty and they are design ed to be run at a set RPM. I will be doing the work on his truck soon. Keep a eye out for the A&H Recon. build.

corvette9

Many years ago when I had a dozen or so MV. Me and my brother had two very big shopping plaza lots to plow. We did them for many years with two 2 1/2 tons. We used old state truck plows that where air up and down. We had real snow tires on both trucks. They moved snow great. Our 3 5 tons where all wreckers so we never put plows on them. If I had a need for a big plow truck I would set up a 5 ton and work it. Right now I only have a M936A2 wrecker so no plow on that one.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 925A1 and if it did NOT have a winch extending the front bumper out so far I could see almost no reason this would not make a good plow truck, I do not know what the duty cycle of the hydraulics are rated for but with an automatic trans, great weight and traction I would have to think that rig would move a mountain of snow. When it comes to plowing the neighbors drive way, well I could think of some better options. For parking lots, roads anything big I bet this truck would be a pretty darned good choice!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks