• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 muffler eliminator pipe ??

Artisan

Making a "test pipe", or as you call it a "muffler eliminator" is not
difficult. I looked into it then found a cheap new muffler I needed.
The exhaust system is put together w/ joints I will call "Stack
breaker" joints. This is so repair is easy and so the top section
can be pulled so truck heights can be lowered for transport.

There is an offset of 5" from top to bottom of these mufflers and it is
about 32.75" end to end. I found what I believe are the same
ends used, male and female HERE. I am sure if a guy looked he could
find 2- 4" exhaust pipe 45's and make a section w/ a 5" offset and
32.75" long, w/ a 9" straight section on the bottom quite easily.

The pipe TMustang buit will probably start to break and fail
just BELOW the Ubolt we see. It really needs to be strapped up
top as well IMO.

So a muffler can be eliminated and the muffler guard be reinstalled to
keep the OE look if you please. There will not be a huge difference in
how loud it is. It will be noticeably pulling hills.

Carlo

Thanks Turbo! They have metric measurements here in Italia and Im trying to get as close as possible to 4 inch. I may buy it in the USA for I can get a 4 inch pipe and opened up to 5, 6 or 7 inch all one piece. BUT shipping would eat me alive. There are so many cool accessories there but the shipping is out of this world not to leave out our customs import taxes.
You mounted it on a A2 right? Hows it sound?
I have a M923A2 and a M931A1. I know it would sound good on my A2 but I think a bit noisy on the A1.
Nice work you did!

Carlo

The attached pics are what we do for exhaust mod to the 250 and 8.3 Cummins in the M939 when we convert them to Brush Trucks
You guys do some 5 star work there. Im looking for a 4 inch (to pickup the stock pipe before the old muffler) and then expanded to 6 or 7 inch staight pipe. They have them in the USA but its hard to get them to sell to poeple outside the USA.

Attachments

Carlo

First video is truck idling while standing outside the truck on the passenger side.
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Micron954RR/media/M932A2/03-23-2013-003_zps512a7da6.mp4.html

Second video is sitting in the driver's seat with phone out the rear window.
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Micron954RR/media/M932A2/03-23-2013-004_zps91cc1385.mp4.html

Hope they play correctly.
WOW that turned out real nice! I like how you used the heat guard. Now I need to get busy!

Carlo

I wonder what this would sound like with a A1? The 16 year old still inside this body says "cool" but the 50 year old man says it will drive me crazy and everyoine I pass by. You can get by with no muffler on a turbo motor but its so darn noisey on a non turbo. PLus on many types of no turbo straight stack it sounds bad, no?

Oh thanks 100 times for sharing this build and taking extra time to reply to my requests. Let me know if I can help with anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks