• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 new guy in virginia

ghettoct

hiya from williamsburg/york county va. made the leap to the other side of fence with getting an m923a2 from sean in maryland. great guy. i met capehenery at the fall classic car show in newport news va and he got me hooked. i searched around and finally made the decision to pull the trigger and get one. capehenery was cool enough to invite me over to his place to look over his m923a2 and gave me pointers on what to look for even take his for a drive. alan aka capehenery is a great guy! well a week later sean drove the m923a2 from md to here and here iam. the wife did not speak to me for a few days but did say we should take the dog out for a cruise in it. =) this site is pretty cool and look forward to contributing to the community.

(the other MV i own is a 1980 ex-mod british royal marines 109. it spent 12 years in africa assigned to the marines, then brought back here by a member of seal team where it changed hands a few times among the team. the truck is dedicated to a former owner whom was KIA on board "Extortion 17".)
1236.jpg2456.jpg3217.jpg3230.jpg$_12.jpg3170.JPG

Another Ahab

Marriage. It's Fun!

i searched around and finally made the decision to pull the trigger and get one. capehenery was cool enough to invite me over to his place to look over his m923a2 and gave me pointers on what to look for even take his for a drive. alan aka capehenery is a great guy! well a week later sean drove the m923a2 from md to here and here iam. the wife did not speak to me for a few days but did say we should take the dog out for a cruise in it. =) this site is pretty cool and look forward to contributing to the community.
PS - Not ALWAYS a totally bad thing. You know; just a few days.

owl.jpg

Last edited:

crolfe1984

Welcome from Maryland!

What part of our State did you pick that M923A2 up from? Kind of funny... I went down to Manassas, VA to look over a truck before I settled on another up in Northern New Jersey.

ghettoct

Thanks everyone. Yea wife seems a little better she did make home made pizza to include home made motzarella cheese. :) so its not too bad. Been sick with pneumonia the last few days but hope to go for a ride tomorrow. As for MD it was near Annapolis.

Another Ahab

Thanks everyone. Yea wife seems a little better she did make home made pizza to include home made motzarella cheese. :) so its not too bad. Been sick with pneumonia the last few days but hope to go for a ride tomorrow. As for MD it was near Annapolis.
That's not good. Hope you mend up soon.

And not trying to be a medical nag, but don't mess with pneumonia:

- You want to be good and recovered before you go try doing a whole lot

- Give yourself a light duty chit for a good stretch

I had what was called walking pneumonia long time ago back when I was in boot camp, almost ASMO'd; pneumonia's no fun.

nag.jpg

NightOwl

I'm near Annapolis. Did Sean have other military vehicles?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks