• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 not airing up

winterton1

Yes. When you have the air escaping from the stack. Remove one line at a time till you find out which one has air coming out of it. And send me a pic of it and what direction on the truck it goes

Those two lines on the bottom going to the front of the truck. One goes to the Q2 valve. One goes to the lowest connection hose on the brake pedal valve in the engine bay
I checked them all one at a time. no air. i then went to the three lines going into the stack. it was the large fuzzy line on the right it heads to the engine area..??

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That cotton jacket hose probably goes to the lowest connector hose fitting on the brake pedal. Remove it at the pedal fitting and see what you have. It doesn't go to anything on the engine

winterton1

That cotton jacket hose probably goes to the lowest connector hose fitting on the brake pedal. Remove it at the pedal fitting and see what you have. It doesn't go to anything on the engine
traced the cotton jacket hose back to the pedal...see pic.. upper right hose fitting...does this show the treadle valve is bad

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
the bottom hose fitting should be the vent. So yes. Top two are supply. Next 2 down are delivery.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
thanks for the help - i will order a new treadle valve next month.
Its cheaper without the pedal and just swap yours over

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you buy a new one I don't know if the valves are similar between lmtv and 939.

But the lmtv will do exactly the same thing won't build air and vents from valve.

We can reset our treadle valve by running truck and pushing brake pedal to the floor and holding for about 10 minutes let loose and they reset. It's weird but for some reason it works for lmtv not sure for 939
Nothing to lose to try.

winterton1

Before you buy a new one I don't know if the valves are similar between lmtv and 939.

But the lmtv will do exactly the same thing won't build air and vents from valve.

We can reset our treadle valve by running truck and pushing brake pedal to the floor and holding for about 10 minutes let loose and they reset. It's weird but for some reason it works for lmtv not sure for 939
Nothing to lose to try.
i will give it a try ..thanks everyone for the help!

winterton1

i will give it a try ..thanks everyone for the help!
I replace the treadle valve with a new aftermarket one. aired the truck up from shop hose... secondary gauge read 120 psi. primary read 0 psi. opened valve on the wet tank and still have air venting into line heading to air stack. now when wet tank fill i cant get over 70 psi on secondary gauge? any ideas--im at a loss.

Attachments

winterton1

I replace the treadle valve with a new aftermarket one. aired the truck up from shop hose... secondary gauge read 120 psi. primary read 0 psi. opened valve on the wet tank and still have air venting into line heading to air stack. now when wet tank fill i cant get over 70 psi on secondary gauge? any ideas--im at a loss.
In adition, if im stepping on the brake as truck is trying airing up i dont get the rush of air to the stack from the one cotton line in my pic.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those valve's with yellow handles are in the off position and should be turned to the on position

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
In your pic of the wet tank. You have those 2 valves on the side of the tank. The one on the right is the emergency gladhand supply line. Where does the one with the valve go with the red large line on it? That is not a normal setup. Meaning only 1 line, 3/8" supply line should come out of it without a valve on it.
The other valve on the left on the tank is correct with the green air line is correct but that other one is not factory.

The primary shut off valve is on the front of the wet tank. Post of a picture of that

winterton1

In your pic of the wet tank. You have those 2 valves on the side of the tank. The one on the right is the emergency gladhand supply line. Where does the one with the valve go with the red large line on it? That is not a normal setup. Meaning only 1 line, 3/8" supply line should come out of it without a valve on it.
The other valve on the left on the tank is correct with the green air line is correct but that other one is not factory.

The primary shut off valve is on the front of the wet tank. Post of a picture of that
i will get a pic of that. I replaced the two valves on the top of the tank because they were leaking - tried replacing the o ring but were still leaking... everthing else is on the truck is the way i got it from the auction. Ive had the truck for about 5 yeras and everything worked fine till a few months ago.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
i will get a pic of that. I replaced the two valves on the top of the tank because they were leaking - tried replacing the o ring but were still leaking... everthing else is on the truck is the way i got it from the auction. Ive had the truck for about 5 yeras and everything worked fine till a few months ago.
There should be 2 valves on the wet tank. The secondary and the primary. Primary is on the front of the tank. Secondary on the side of the tank on the top near the frame. The one isn't normal by far

winterton1

these are the pics that trace the red line to one of the two tanks under pass side door

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Forgot its an A2 truck that some moron redesigned

OK. So you have no air venting on that cotton line that went to the treadle valve like you did before that goes to the intake? That is good. So apparently you have more than 1 issue.

You said its the primary side not building air. Let's go to the rear relay valve. Above the rear axle. It will have a port on it labeled EXH. Remove the hose from it and see if you have air escaping with the primary tank open

I've got a valve at home I can look at and tell you which one exactly . No good internet pics of one I can find tho

winterton1

Forgot its an A2 truck that some moron redesigned

OK. So you have no air venting on that cotton line that went to the treadle valve like you did before that goes to the intake? That is good. So apparently you have more than 1 issue.

You said its the primary side not building air. Let's go to the rear relay valve. Above the rear axle. It will have a port on it labeled EXH. Remove the hose from it and see if you have air escaping with the primary tank open

I've got a valve at home I can look at and tell you which one exactly . No good internet pics of one I can find tho
when i turn the supply valve on i do still have air escaping fronm the cotton hose coming from the treadle valve going to the stack.... if i step on the brake pedal it seems to stop. the treadle valve pic shows which port its coming from. thats what is confusing me ... i would have hoped the new teadkle valve would have stopped that. in the am i will look for the rear relay valve and take a pic of it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
when i turn the supply valve on i do still have air escaping fronm the cotton hose coming from the treadle valve going to the stack.... if i step on the brake pedal it seems to stop. the treadle valve pic shows which port its coming from. thats what is confusing me ... i would have hoped the new teadkle valve would have stopped that. in the am i will look for the rear relay valve and take a pic of it.
Well if the cotton valve from the treadle valve is still leaking then it is a faulty valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks