• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Parts Truck

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was thinking about purchasing a parts truck TODAY. Question...is it worth it? Hope to land it to me for $2500. Does not run. Missing some parts but 6 good tires and drive train looks good. Will not run as motor parts missing. Radiator looks good. Not sure what I may need but was thinking about all you SS peeps. It's a 1991. Looks rough on the outside but may be some good stuff on inside. Thoughts?? Is it worth the time to part out?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched a lot worse condition ones sell for more than that last week on GP.
So I would say yes, you definitely would be money ahead.

Only you can determine if it’s worth it.
I would buy it

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will watch it. Don't need it but have space. The shipping is the killer. Don't have any hook ups in the low boy category.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went for way to much. Tinstar called that one. With fees and shipping would cost more than my current running rebuilt one.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be picking up the truck i have been drooling over and visiting this Friday. Just needed time off the job thing. Then I will share.

74M35A2

Let me get it home first! :p
No way, start buying stuff for it now, like the rest of us did. You'll need all sorts of knarly stuff to fill your garage. Tow bars, cargo covers, fiberglass troop seats, better starter/alternator, spare PCB, A frame crane, front winch stuff, A/C, fluids/filters, lights, radios, antennas, tires, HEMTT front rims, lower front bumper shackles, civilian rear hitch, chains, straps, tools, batteries, slave cables, bed crane, air dryer rebuild kit, etc....

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just recommended not buying a parts truck. I could have had two over priced metal on wheels in my shop! Yes, I will look into filter packages over the weekend. I believe I have seen the info on here somewhere. Also need to find a spare tire and wheel. Think I have a cargo top but no bows. Need those too. Just want to double check whats on it first. Made space last night as my off road toy needed the dana 60 front end put back together and moved over.

74M35A2

Correct, you don't need more of the same parts you have. You need things to renew its existing maintenance parts, and to increase the functionality of the vehicle. More stuff = more fun. ;)

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what this was but it was next to mine. Maybe an Oshkosh?? If anyone wants contact info let me know.IMG_1309.jpg

tobyS

A parts truck....as in has a lot of parts but is going to need a lot more.....aka money pit. Get the engine running before throwing more money into the big green hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks