• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 please help me I.D. A part, getting frustrated

maxxplanck

Hi guys, could someone give me a little direction on Identifying the part in the picture. My 5-ton is building up air pressure beyond its limits. Getting frustrating looking through my TMs to ID the broken part. Thank Youimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

74M35A2

I'll take PPV's for $100. Pressure Protection Valve. Somebody check my thinking since I have never touched my air system. Low cost and in stock at NAPA, not sure it can cause over-pressure though. Wouldn't that be more associated with the air governor?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'll take PPV's for $100. Pressure Protection Valve. Somebody check my thinking since I have never touched my air system. Low cost and in stock at NAPA, not sure it can cause over-pressure though. Wouldn't that be more associated with the air governor?
Wrong turd Ferguson go back to shifting with your plunger.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi guys, could someone give me a little direction on Identifying the part in the picture. My 5-ton is building up air pressure beyond its limits. Getting frustrating looking through my TMs to ID the broken part. Thank YouView attachment 698794View attachment 698795View attachment 698796View attachment 698797View attachment 698794View attachment 698795View attachment 698796View attachment 698797
The broken one?

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=167575

maxxplanck

Would that have anything to do do with the airpressure building up to high. No problem when the truck is idling but when you start to drive its up to 150 psi , also there's an extremely loud noise coming from behind the cab.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your govenor is stuck probably. Unhook the line off the top of the air compressor and see if it stops building pressure

Pressure protection valve can be culprit but you tend to see it with cold temps and they freeze up

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks I'll give it a try in the morning
Also pull the small cotton jacket line off the governor. Should be drivers side of the gov on the rear right behind the metal line. That is the signal air to shut it off to stop building air pressure

maxxplanck

Ok so I replaced the air govener with a new one. I do beleave the old air govener was bad. But the noise I was hearing is still there. Somewhere in the cab it sounds like air leak or air escaping only when I'm driving the truck. The problem is I can't fine the leak and it's loud, like a horn. I've tried using soapy water on the fittings but not having much luck. Any advice ? Thanks Guys

maxxplanck

Just driving only, when you give it gas it sounds like a horn going off but only when driving 15 plus miles per hour. New air govener put on few days ago , installing a new air dryer tomorrow, we'll see if that helps.

snowtrac nome

if it is building too much pressure the problem is in the governor or air drier which is where your signal comes from usually it is a fault with the governor. they ar cheap and available at all napa stores

maxxplanck

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Ok iv replaced the air govenor, air dryer and the noise is still there. Only when driving, definitely sounds like in the cab but hard to tell for sure as I'm driving the truck. Even with my bad hearing it seems like this is the general area of the noise, I not familiar with this he CTIS system, this is my first A2 truck. The CTIS is s unplugged from the control box. Could there be a leak here ? Can I just cap off the CTIS altogether ? Gone through a lot of soapy water to find it so far and no luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks