• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Recovery Los Angeles California to Anchorage Alaska.

wilkusmcrecon

I will be making my way down to Los Angeles (Rancho Cucamonga) Califonia to pick up a M923A2. I will travel from Los Angeles to Wasilla Alaska travel dates are 22 - 26 May 2017. I will drive up HWY 5 through California, Oregon, and Washington State. I will travel through Vancouver BC up the HWY 1 all the way to Wasilla AK. Will be willing to pick up a few loads if its not to far off my route and can be handled relatively easy.

PM me and see if I can help.

Chris Wilkinson

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Chris, that's a lot of miles in a 5 ton in only 4 days! Good luck and God speed. Take some photos along the way and let us experience the trip if you can.

Jericho

I think your being a bit overzealous, I know I couldn't do that in a 931 in four days, Iv'e driven it a few times. 5 tons drive a lot easier than am M 35 , but that's a lot of miles , Remember your fuel range and plan wisely for fuel/ lube stops and Spare TIRES Ahh Watson Lake Good luck, let us know how it goes , planning the same route to Wasilla from New Hampshire to Abilene Texas to Wasilla in a couple of years, Planning 14 days. 5324 miles door to door

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will tell you flat out that 3400 miles in a 5 ton cant be done in 4 days. It cant even be done in a car hardly.May as well plan on 6. You are hard pressed in a 5 ton to do 600 miles in a day. That's 10hrs of driving at 60mph if there is no traffic and no hills. And that is if you have a nice air ride seat. Be smart to buy one and have it dropped off where you are buying it at and install it before you leave. Fuel stops are around 25 to 40mins average time for truck stops and monkeying around. I can say I can't do that many miles in 4 days in a truck. Even non stop is still pushing the truck, especially one you don't know.

wilkusmcrecon

Yep quite agree. I was planning more on 6 to 8 days. Took 8 days on the books hope to pull in around day 6 or 7. Wasn't planning on feeling my legs or butt for a month but I will have a nice smile on my face when she is parked in the shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks