• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 SF-97 Information

maxtor

I have done extensive searching on SF-97 information. I put in parentheses what I think they want for each entry. Is this correct?

The form asks these questions:

Year "1991"
Make "BMY"
Model "M923a2"
VIN "serial number"
Body style "truck cargo"
color "camouflage" (maybe) "green"
weight "21000"
gvwr "22000"

What are you guys putting down for gvwr?

They say the vin "serial number" is on the frame by the steering gear, also on the data plate.

Thanks,,,
Your help is greatly appreciated.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put down what the data plate listed. I think it is the empty weight plus 10k.
Put the s/n for the vin.

mcmullag

Put what is on the data plate. Since it is an out-of-state 'title', I had to get a VIN verification form filled out for the CO DMV.
The guy at the diesel emission place filled out the form and he went off the data plate 21,500 lbs and 31,500 lbs for the weight areas.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here, sent for SF-97/title about 3 weeks ago for a M925. Still waiting. Maybe this week.
JC

maxtor

Today I called DMV "California" and they told me that I needed to physically go to a local office to start registration before the 30 days expired from date of invoice. I went in and they time stamped my "paid in full" invoice. No late fees now. Since I don't take possession of our M923a2 until the 23rd. it might be another month before I get our certificate of ownership, pink slip, or what ever they send from our SF-97 form. With Christmas and New Year coming, I don't expect the certificate until mid January, or later.

maxtor

Yes, we received our title about 10 days ago. Since then, we have had our M923a2 weighed at a Certified scale "21,860 lbs." I saw 21,880 but they put down 21,860.
I had a full tank of diesel.
The CHP is supposed to come to my house this Friday to do a Vin verification.