• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 south florida mechanic / tech needed

Fonzzie

Hey everyone

First time posting! I have an early 90's M923A2 truck in South Florida that needs some work, primarily on the ABS system air lines. Does anyone know of any mobile technician(s) in South Florida (broward county) that work on these? I found the manuals here on the site which are a great help but would prefer someone with knowledge working on these trucks to go through it.

Cheers

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everyone

First time posting! I have an early 90's M923A2 truck in South Florida that needs some work, primarily on the ABS system air lines. Does anyone know of any mobile technician(s) in South Florida (broward county) that work on these? I found the manuals here on the site which are a great help but would prefer someone with knowledge working on these trucks to go through it.

Cheers
So, finding a mechanic to work on your M923 might be hard to find and harder to afford - unless you have a wheelbarrow full of money at your disposal. Your new at this but you can learn if you are willing to turn a few wrenches and read a bit. There are threads about servicing the ABS brakes. There is even a tool that plugs into the truck that will tell you if something more than air lines are the problem. The TM's (Technical Manuals) offer troubleshooting guides in flowchart style. The TM's are free to download on the site.

If you really have nothing wrong but air line problems, you need to go to a local "big truck parts" store. Lay your plastic line on the counter and ask for 20 feet or so of it - and replace whatever might be bent, kinked or chewed up. You need to be sure to buy DOT approved plastic line. Don't shortcut that or you might die.

Another thing that is easy to do is look for air leaks anywhere on the truck. With the motor running, all that rattling and fan noise will make it really difficult to hear anything except a really big leak. If you happen to have an air compressor, you can air up the truck without the motor running. CHOCK the wheels on front and back of both sides of the truck. Picture below. (Had to have fun with it!)

Wheel Chocks.jpg

If you do have a compressor, pick up a glad hand while you are at the parts house. That will connect your air line on the compressor to the drivers side front glad hand and quietly air up the truck. Crawl around under and inside the truck listening for air leaks. Use a bottle of soapy water if you can't feel the leak. Fix accordingly - and see what happens next.

Welcome to the group.

Don't hesitate to post questions about how to fix things AND most importantly - use your cell phone to take pictures. Pictures before you disassemble something will be your best friend! We love pictures too. Pictures for your "new to you" truck and pictures of a problem area... Both will get attention here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks