• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Tach Issue

brock

Hello All!

I just concluded my first trip to Glamis Sand Dunes in my 923A2.

Let me first say it was overwhelmingly successful. This truck went everywhere and had no issues. Its slow going but is just remarkable how well these things do when pushed. Also, I averaged 10 mpg on my trip up and back totaling 400 miles. :)

On my way home I noticed the tach hovering around 1500 rpm when cruising. I stopped at a gas station and verified that it wouldn't indicate above 1500 rpm. I know the motor is revving higher cause I can comfortable cruise at 55-60mph.

Any ideas as to what to look at next? I verified the cable isn't broken and the cable is firmly attached to the back of the tach.

Truck has 3300 miles showing on the ODO with a little less than 100 hours on the clock.

Thank you!

Heres a couple pics of our time out!

IMG_2079[1].jpg
IMG_2087[1].jpg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check if the tach cable is properly seated and tightened on both ends. While you are there spray some lubricant (I use graphite) inside the cable sleeve to help it. I've had 3 frozen cables in the past 5 m939 trucks (tach and speedo), typical issue for a truck that sits a while.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a truck that the tech would work fine till you got to 1500-1600rpm then it would jump up to 23-2400rpm.
It was the tech.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks