• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Transfer case bearing, help needed

NMSMITTY

I believe I have the lower front bearing going out/ has gone out on my transfer case on my newly acquired 1990 M923A2. I have had no luck finding a TM that shows parts breakdown and replacement parts numbers or for rebuild/replacement procedure. Can anyone guide me on where I might find this information. I would like to try and fix myself before just throwing in the towel and buying a replacement.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
All of the TMs are available at the top section of the forum. I myself am not the best with the manuals it takes some fishing around. If you look in the parts manual you should be able to find a breakdown that shows the seal and bearings part numbers

NMSMITTY

myself and one other individual spent the better part of the day yesterday browsing the TM's and didn't have any luck along with general web searches that's why I am appealing for help on here

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
myself and one other individual spent the better part of the day yesterday browsing the TM's and didn't have any luck along with general web searches that's why I am appealing for help on here
You should be able to search through the index to find the transfercase section . Do you have them downloaded to your computer?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-34P is also available somewhere, do a search for the same numbers as Porky'splace posted with -34P instead of -24P Never mind the -34P is for A1's..... Ever confusing.

Last edited:

NMSMITTY

What probably thru me was that I was looking for a specific 923 and not thinking it would be grouped into a TM with others DUH. Thanks for fixing my stupid guys.!!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........ Can anyone guide me on where I might find this information. ..................................
You can do following: go to the parts manual -24P-1; find said bearing (figure 208, item #2); note the NSN and part number; Google it....; look for results like "parttarget" (here is the link to make it a bit easier for you); then if you are lucky it gives you all specs and dimensions...(yes, you are lucky!), then you download and open any bearing catalog.. (like this one); go to the "deep-groove-ball-bearing" section (since you already learned from the TM that this is an annular bearing), then look for the given dimensions... (55/100/21) which tells you it is a #6211, and then for the type: it says it has a snap-ring groove, so it's a NR-type.
Also if you scroll down that parttarget list you will find many part numbers for the different suppliers, most of them have the 211 included, which is no coincidence of course...

Sorry for this little schooling... next time you will be on your own...:)

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks