• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Transmission/Drivetrain Question

Oerthedge21

So, me being me, I love standard transmissions. Now, I know that the M35s and a whole lotta other trucks were standards, but I really love the look and size of the 923s. So, my question is, has anybody ever heard of someone doing a transmission swap in a 923a2 from the Allison auto a standard transmission? Is it even possible?

Jason O

Anything is possible, however I'm not aware of anyone swapping one into an M939 yet. I'm kicking around the same thing. Most Eaton-Fuller twin countershaft boxes are pretty wide, and may be in the path of the front drive shaft.

When I make some progress, I'll post it in the mods / hot-rodding section.

I can't justify this swap in any way, other than the truck would be a little nicer and less awkward to drive with the right manual trans.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I do not think it would take much to put in a trans out of a 809 series, this way you would allow right side clearance for the front winch drive shaft,, all would be needed is the correct flywheel and the matching clutch pack, and a new drive shaft between the trans and transfer, a modded floor board, and a a few small other items. This will give you a od trans and a od transfer. The trans would be fairly cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks