• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 USMC truck?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I have been able to tell, the USMC never used the M939A2s, but the USN did. Perhaps, they rebuild trucks for the Navy. The Navy Seabees, in particular, had a number of them. I once had a Seabees M925A2.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had one of those it was an Army reserve truck but it was rebuilt at Blount Island USMC depot. I would imagine Blount Island depot is like Red River depot. It wasn't the best rebuild I have seen but it did have a new motor which is a plus. I believe all the Blount ones are solid 383 green not camo.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe a Diesel Recon 8.3 motor which is remanufactured by Cummins has to be in the 12-15k range alone. I would think 20-30k per truck would be a fair estimate. It could be much more though. I believe they pull everything off the frame, rustproof and paint it. Repair or replace any damaged body panels and bed. Rebuild axles, check trans and transfer case, wiring, then put it all back together and glue the heck out of it with a thick coating of carc.

ichudov

Thank you Suprman. I personally feel that their rustproofing leaves much to be desired. I wish their body panels were galvanized. I believe that in the long run, it is much more expensive to rebuild and eradicate rust, than to do a good galvanizing in the beginning.

ichudov

I had one of those it was an Army reserve truck but it was rebuilt at Blount Island USMC depot. I would imagine Blount Island depot is like Red River depot. It wasn't the best rebuild I have seen but it did have a new motor which is a plus. I believe all the Blount ones are solid 383 green not camo.
This truck specifically, also has solid green paint. I think that it is more practical, easier to touch up.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I won that truck.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The truck like that, that I had, had been rustproofed underneath with a thick black coating that was staying on good but the green carc was peeling underneath everywhere. It seemed to have an issue sticking to the undercoating. That truck definetly has a new turbo and injection pump not sure about the motor though. The date will be on the plate over the timing cover. It dosnt look like it next to a camo truck but that green is 383 green the rapco spray cans match it pretty well. I got mine from delaware and they like to spray black letters on the doors there. They are nice trucks you cant go wrong for that price. I had a guy drive by and see mine and he had to have it so I sold it to him.
Will

ichudov

Thanks Suprman. This trust is the most bad-a$$ looking truck of all I owned so far. Very excited.

As for rustproofing, if that black undercoating underneath stays, I will be happy regardless of what the green CARC paint on top of it does.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I was planning on painting my front bumper, grill and rims flat black and I was going to do a big black star on each door. That would look good on yours and its easy to do.

ichudov

I was planning on painting my front bumper, grill and rims flat black and I was going to do a big black star on each door. That would look good on yours and its easy to do.
That's a cool idea. I have a guy who is really good at painting with a pneumatic paint spray-gun. I think that buyers will like it. I am actually very tempted to keep this truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks