• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 W/ Dresser 6 cyl?

TTdogs

I am a newbie in the the process of acquiring a 5 ton for a feed truck! I have seen a few M923A2's with Dresser 6 cyl. turbo diesels. I have not found a lot of info on these engines and am wanting to know if they are better or worse than the well known Cummins small cams or the Cummins turbo diesel.

TTdogs

So, is the Dresser from reconditioning? The engine tag is definitely labeled Dresser! How do you find out when a truck was reconditioned, if at all? And they don't replace the hour meter when they are?

dk8019

I took a look at some of the regular places, and sure enough they are Dresser tagged. That said, they sure look like Cummins 6cta8.3, in everyway that I can identify. Anyone know the story?

dk8019

Yeah, a quick google search seems to show the Cummins made engines for Dresser for use in Dresser equipment. Seems like a few truck ended up with Dresser branded Cummins engines in them. As such I would suspect that are exactly the same as the Cummins branded engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks