• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 with 6 cta 8.3 picked up a facet 40164 24V fuel pump

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What would be the best electrical connection for tie in. Appreciate the expertise
This is an external pump right? Is it to replace what you have in the tank today - or is this to move fuel between tanks? Or maybe to just pull out and return to the tank for filtering?

Facet 40164 Solid State Fuel Pump ss501a_1.jpg

Bobbed 923A2

Mullaney
I have one tank and I would like to install the facet pump at rubber fuel line before the the in-line small canister filter just below the spin on fuel filter, My question is what would be the best hot lead to connect to, as the pump is 24V.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mullaney
I have one tank and I would like to install the facet pump at rubber fuel line before the the in-line small canister filter just below the spin on fuel filter, My question is what would be the best hot lead to connect to, as the pump is 24V.
I am sure we can grab the TM and find a switched power wire under the dash.

My opinion FWIW would be to feed that pump with a dedicated wire out of the battery box, into a fuse or circuit breaker, up to a switch, then out of the firewall. Everything in some wire loom and secured neatly. Being in control of everything that I have added seems important to me. Adding it off the battery ensures that nothing overloads the existing truck wiring too.

That fuse or circuit breaker should be close to the battery connection too IMO.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure why your installing this pump? If you having fuel issues, your likely just treating symptoms, when you should address the problem.

Some people have installed these pumps to run temporarily to find fuel leaks, or on a switch just in case… either way you would want it as close to the tank as possible, and make sure it’s not restricting as jeepsinker eluded to, the factory lift pump is spring powered and can only pull so much.

Good luck, and post up if you are chasing fuel problems, I’m sure we can help track it down for you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks