• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 withdrawls bummed and regrets...

ghettoct

for reasons beyond my control i had to sell my 923a2 in aug and there has not been a day since that i have not forgotten her, i avoided this site for a while after i sold her. i just couldn't bear to follow posts and what have you done to your 5 tons.... =( looking back i wish i had just held on to her for another week, for id still have her. (my wifes job was potentially being cut and not wanting to possibly cut into savings i sold my 923 just in case, but wife was head hunted and moved to another career, lucky us) but that sill leaves a void of empty ness....car shows and cruise in's are not the same in my 68 fastback mustang.

thanks for letting me ramble here, and listening. everyone tells me it was just a truck...but that was my truck. i figure whom else would relate to the madness, so i logged on today.

as for "what have you done to your 5 tons today".....i picked up the slave cable today in garage and though of the ole girl.

james

infidel got me

Sorry to here of your loss.
Sometimes things just aren't fair.
You can always replace the ole girl, just pretend it was a legal separation.
You'll be owning another before to long, just keep your head up.
Good luck on your next 5 ton endeavor.

dmetalmiki

Ok, a sorry saga. However, you should now prepare to obtain "something!" to fit..that Jump cable. Taking that decision is a first step, as then confidence security and satisfaction will steadily follow. You already mentioned being fortunate in the job sector..fortunate indeed in these times, so a little "celebrating" (and self reward (by moving forward again)) would be the way to proceed. Good luck. P.S. A picture (pictures!) of the <replacement/s> would be really nice to see...and..perhaps encouraging to others...

mcmullag

I have been thru 4 6x6's one at a time, sold the last one the M923a2 in July. I too want another one.
I am optimistic I will get a good deal on another one and have one in my driveway just to look at it.
Some folks want statuary or a fountain in their yard, I would like to have a large heavy duty off road vehicle to gaze upon
and know that it is there ready to go if I need it or a neighbor needs help.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks everyone for words of encouragement. I'm looking!
First glad your wife still has a job. Second there are lots of good trucks out there right now, and I'm sure you'll find the right truck. So when ya do, it'll feel like old times again......good luck on your search!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
James,
Your original post could be the beginnings of a Hallmark Hall of Fame tear-jerker movie.
We may be Green Iron Addicts, but our hearts for these Steel Soldiers are sentimental indeed.

Each of us, I'm sure, can reflect on our lives and cite some regretted decisions. Don't dwell on your rearview mirror. Focus on the view beyond your windshield. Choose your next type of MV, and then go after it. As you can, get back into the hobby. It's good wholesome fun.

Keep us posted on your progress, Sir.

Carry on.

ghettoct

James, Your original post could be the beginnings of a Hallmark Hall of Fame tear-jerker movie. We may be Green Iron Addicts, but our hearts for these Steel Soldiers are sentimental indeed. Each of us, I'm sure, can reflect on our lives and cite some regretted decisions. Don't dwell on your rearview mirror. Focus on the view beyond your windshield. Choose your next type of MV, and then go after it. As you can, get back into the hobby. It's good wholesome fun. Keep us posted on your progress, Sir. Carry on.
agree! =) thanks again everyone.