• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 won't start

scrump

Hello Fellow MV'ers!
My M923A2 was running like a top. Then it sat for a few months, and now, with a fresh set of batteries, it won't start.
Engine is primed properly
Cranks strong
Turns over with ether, but won't continue to run without it
There is no fuel leaving the fuel pump (I detached a fuel injector on the top of the fuel pump and none comes out when the engine is cranking, I assume it should).
The kill switch is confirmed off
The throttle solenoid was removed years ago and hasn't been a problem at all.
I ran through the troubleshooting manual to no avail.
Ideas?
Thanks!
mark

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Remove the low side fuel adjustment plug and release the jam nut and turn the set screw in. Leave the jam nut loose. Reinstall the plug

Get an air sprayer pot type from harbor freight. Rig up the correct air fittings for your shop compressor. Run a fuel line from it to the injection pump.

Fill the pot half diesel, 1 thing of seafoam and some ATF.

Set air to 15psi and hook it up so it will force that mixture to the motor and spin it over. If it is gummed up this will break it loose.

Probably looking at a pump rebuild cause it is varnished up Probably

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks