• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 air governor location

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to locate the air governor on my M925 for a couple of days now and I am clueless :shrugs: . The truck is building air pressure up to 100 psi and then pops off, just started doing this about a week ago so I figured it was the governor giving me trouble. Have had a problem recently with a lot of moisture in the air system so I bought a new air dryer. Don't know if the moisture in the air system is causing my air pressure problems or not. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they are on the fire wall not sure as I have had no reason to look for mine.
Also you can download the Tm's from the 5 ton forum.
If you can't find any thing let me know and I will try to find it.

mattwspeed

the governor can be bought at a local NAPA and is on the fire wall next to the horn. However if the truck is building to much air pressure it may be a check valve at the rear air tank. We had this problem with a truck and replaced the Governor but didn't fix the issue. We traced every line and found a check valve at the rear air tank that had a metal screen inside. The screen was badly rust and clogged not letting return air to the gov. We removed the screen and everything worked perfectly.. just my experience, not sure if it helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks