• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m925 bed stakes

Does anyone have the dimensions for the bed stakes for m925? looks like its about 1"x2-1/2"x ?. dont know the vertical length. looking to just make my own. I have the corner bows but none of the vertical bed stakes. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You want the metal upright parts that the staves fit inside? I have a bunch from dump trucks. $1 each plus shipping. PM for info.

gimpyrobb

Well, they aren't exactly the right thing. He'll have to cut 3" off the bottom and they only have one fiberglass runner on the top instead of two.

There is a reason they are cheap. It will work fine, but won't be correct "stock", like some folks want.

I don't think I need the metal upright part or maybe I do I was thinking everything was wood or some other type of material and the only metal part was the corner bow. do you have any pics thanks

gimpyrobb

Yup, if your not worried about troop seats, you can make the upright out of wood. If you want troop seats, you'll need the metal uprights the wood slides inside of.

PWM

My 5 ton came with the bows and cargo cover but no troop seats or the metal uprights,just a mix of wood and fiberglass. The wood top piece(#3) measured 2 and 1/4 inch wide , 15/16 inch thick, and 75 and 1/2 inches long. This piece of wood is curved so if you made one out of a straight piece of wood it would have to be shorter or you would have to find a way to make it curved. Now the upright piece of wood (pictured) is the same width and thickness but is 45 inches long. Hope this helps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks