• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 "Bobbitt" Project 09.07.14

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New project started on Sunday, "Bobbitt" This is a 925 truck that will be changed out with a 105 bed.

73M819 "The Mechanic" is working on this project

Sunday 09.07 Activities
Pickup necessary parts:
-925 Main Truck
-105 Trailer
-Springs
-Super Single Spare Tire mount
-Load 105 in 925
-Hookup whole assembly and line tow with M819 from South Atlanta to the beautiful northern Georgia Mafia country.

A few pictures from the after activity:

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay step one strip bed of stuff and remove bed

Wrecker and crane experience helps. Love learning how to properly rig watching Ron operate.

Some pictures of activities

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410471722.029395.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410471735.160782.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410471749.643723.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410471765.343663.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410471821.277561.jpg

Ouchy I bet that hurt less than real life :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well today picked up square stock to make spacers for the super single spare rack to convert it to a super, super single spare rack, got them cut, drilled, fitted, will have them installed tomorrow, as well as the 105 bed up on the frame for the fitting

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what ever the height of the tires are that's ho much needs to be remover from the bed.
Why not take that much out of the center of the bed and weld the front and back half back together. I did mine so it was cut behind the side pockets.
You would never see it if I didn't show you the cut. Looks better than the 105 bed. IMO

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 105a2 bed is what is speced by the client, what the CLIENT wants, the CLIENT gets, I voted for a 1101/1102 bed.

The big thing about this project or any major project is to have the FINISHED product pictured in your mind, then break it down step by step again picturing and analyzing each step along with what tools, hardware is need for the step, this build formula applies to all successful builds from a easy BOBIT build to a $5,000,000 recycle crusher build. If you can not do this or get in a hurry to get things done, a easy build WILL turn into a VERY frustrating build.
Half the fun of any build is watching it come together as you choreographed it in your head .

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what ever the height of the tires are that's ho much needs to be remover from the bed.
Why not take that much out of the center of the bed and weld the front and back half back together. I did mine so it was cut behind the side pockets.
You would never see it if I didn't show you the cut. Looks better than the 105 bed. IMO
I think this would look good. It would take more time with the cut and weld but the finished product would look nice. Can you post a picture of your I would like to see. The problem would be if you wanted a cover it would require that also be cut and sewed but very doable.

As 73m819 stated the specifications outlined by client was a 105. We lobbied hard for a 1101 bed which would look good also. I personally hate the 1101 cover system and it is my least favorite trailer because of cover design and poor towing characteristics

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am very surprised that Ron is actually doing a Bobber!!!! :shock: Even if is is not his.
TWM this is the new KGR, "Kinder Gentler Ron" he has seen the light :)

Yesterday was work on widening the spare tire spacer to accommodate the 1600x21 and 1600x20 tires super super singles. The 1600x21's are from the Marine MK48. For some reason the Marines are special and had to have 21;s versus the standard 20's. Key item is to have the 21's matched per axle.

Spare tire carrier sets bed position and is ground zero. Once widened and set on the bed then the 105 bed can be positioned to begin the transformation.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am very surprised that Ron is actually doing a Bobber!!!! :shock: Even if is is not his.
I PRAY to the GREAT MV GOD for forgiveness every day, We ALL CAN BE corrupted, as they say the only DIFFERENCE from a working LADY and a SENATOR is $

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this would look good. It would take more time with the cut and weld but the finished product would look nice. Can you post a picture of your I would like to see. The problem would be if you wanted a cover it would require that also be cut and sewed but very doable.

As 73m819 stated the specifications outlined by client was a 105. We lobbied hard for a 1101 bed which would look good also. I personally hate the 1101 cover system and it is my least favorite trailer because of cover design and poor towing characteristics
Steve take a look at what jw4x4 did with his. He also used a bonded (shortened) LMTV cover which looks fantastic. I might even know where one of those are....

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well today got the spare tire rack done, come to find no two sets of holes match anything else, strange a lot more set up to do the different holes, you would think all would be the same ??, got the 105 bed off the frame and setting on the base truck, went to set up the mag drill for a rack mount hole, more of a test, it is set up for cutters, a standard drill chuck was with it, works in place of the cutter, the chuck is to low for big bits, %^&*((*(&^%$#$#, so went to pull the cutter chuck and install a standard thread on chuck, nope not going to happen, @#$^&())*&%^, flipped the drill mount slide plate, put things back together, nope, @#$^*)__)(*^$$#%^&**(, my thought was screw this trying to make a pig into a horse using what was in front of me, took the mounting plate, laid out some new holes, drilled and recessed some new holes, ready to go for tomorrow, wish I had thought of the new holes earlier, though the drill is a borrowed one and did not want to screw it up.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got m105 bed off yesterday, actually went pretty smooth on that part

Let's tune in to channel 69 and see what is playing

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624351.741615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624362.542814.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624374.591130.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624385.674107.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624437.864906.jpg

Darn those wreckers are helpful :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks