• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 difficult starting when cold

Bushwacka

CSM Davis,

I tried the primer pump last night
When I released the T push handle, pushed it in and out, I got a stream of diesel from the bottom of the pump fitting.
No resistance as the diesel was just streaming out through the bottom of the assembly

Will look at it in daylight to examine where the flow is coming from. Maybe a fitting or cap missing? Could definately be the cause for losing the prime on engine starts......

Thanks again

Csm Davis

Sounds like someone left the petcock open or a line loose and that will cause problems, I am not sure why but I have found lots of the 939 series sitting with the petcocks open and it drove me nuts the first time I had that problem. Now it's one of the first things I check, it would be wise a GE pointed out to lightly pressurize the system and it is easy to do just drill out one of the round spots on your fuel cap and thread it to fit a quick connect air fitting and put a pipe plug in for everyday use so you can keep out trash. Just use hand pressure to screw the plug or fitting in and use the 1/4 pipe size so the melt out plugs will still work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks