• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 dump conversion

Also for fun i set a protractor on it. Its about a 57 degree angle at full dump. Maybe a tad excessive but with that big hoist it has no trouble dumping a full load of sand. No scales for weight we have our own sand pit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you adjusted the pressure up on your valve yet, or still at 2000psi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local auto parts. But theyre buyers brand r38dr is the number for them if i remeber correctly. They come in different lengths

1stDeuce

Nice work!!
I must have missed it... You have a two spool valve to run one double acting cylinder? Are the spools one direction only, so one knob is raise, and the other lower?

Its a 3 spool valve. One for the hoist, one for a rear remote for my dump trailers, and one for my snow plow i need to mount yet. Only put 2 cables on for now but its all set up to just run the cable.

Last edited:
Hauled some sand to the in-laws yesterday. Finally had a chance to get it on the scales. 14.5 tons on that load. Had to crank the relief on the valve again. After that it dumped like a champ. Actually made the springs squat some. Pretty sure I'm right at the dot limit on weight

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a pressure gauge installed, do you know what you have it cranked up to? Need to bump mine up a little more yet....

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hauled some sand to the in-laws yesterday. Finally had a chance to get it on the scales. 14.5 tons on that load. Had to crank the relief on the valve again. After that it dumped like a champ. Actually made the springs squat some. Pretty sure I'm right at the dot limit on weight

I bet you see that a bed that large could be overloaded. I can put the 929 to the limit and you have nearly 4' on me.

74M35A2

I’d like to dump a load of something on my in-laws front lawn...

Yeah let's not even get started on that... not sure why I agreed to do it. Especially since me & the wife are well I dunno.

Speedzilla

Have you found the factory bed to be strong enough? I am about to start a very similar project with a 939 truck and was wondering if the factory bed frame rails would need to be boxed or sleeved. I don't imagine I would ever see more than 15T in the bed. Thanks!

Have you found the factory bed to be strong enough? I am about to start a very similar project with a 939 truck and was wondering if the factory bed frame rails would need to be boxed or sleeved. I don't imagine I would ever see more than 15T in the bed. Thanks!
I boxed the bed rails right from the start. Haven't noticed any flex yet

74M35A2

Nice job on this, bro. You got it done, I just have piles of parts, stacks of dreams, and 3hrs of algebra homework with my daughter per night. Last week of that, thank goodness.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the L that I'm using to reinforce the deuce frame. It's 11" x3"x10' X1/4". Some version of it could be used in the high stress area from the hinge to the cylinder push point on the bed. Cost for steel and forming $200.

Attachments

Last edited:
Finally found the loaded weight. Fyi its had more than that on it. Only once did it fail to dump. But it was way overloaded with crushed limestone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks