• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 gun mount

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have an opportunity to purchase this truck. I don't want or need the gun mount, if that is what it is. So I was wondering if there was any interest in the mount and possible value. Might try to offset the cost of the truck by selling the mount. Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

pad_cdr

Deuce mounts seem to go for around $2000 (asked). This being a newer 5 ton mount, I'd say it is probably rarer, and might go higher. Seems like most folks who have a deuce, 5 ton or larger would like to add the mount if they could afford it. You might think twice before you get rid of yours.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sure would look great on my m931a2. I already have the cutout for the hardtop, a ballistic glass windshield and armor for the doors....pm me your price.

plumkrazy

Hello Neighbor--I'm up here in Abilene and I'm interested. Let me know what you want for the mount and I'll drive down and pick it. That way you won't need to ship it and I'll save the freight. Please PM me for further details if you want to make a deal.

Best Regards--Allen

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate everyone's input. Although I have gotten wildly different opinions on value ($500 to $4500). Several of you thought we should keep the gun mount, given how we would use the truck I really don't see the benefit in keeping it versus offsetting the cost of the truck. We plan to use the truck to tow around our MKT which we use for fundraising. Our M35A2, while a great truck is just too slow and frankly we would like something a little more modern. The boys love driving the Deuce around the farm when we go camping...lol , but they don't have to drive it across town in 100 degree weather for a fundraiser. I know the 925 is not air conditioned but it's a lot easier to drive. Any advice on what to look for on the 925? She really looks great , has less than 13K miles on her, and starts and drives great. Thanks again for all your input.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mount on this truck is called a LWS (lightweight Weapons Station) they utilize a Hummv ring on them, very well build unit although I dont know WHERE the lightweight part comes in? I purchased one of these for my 925 just for looks and have a .50 BMG that I mount to it and fire from the bed. These mounts seem to be pretty darned hard to get since it appears most are chopped up prior to sale, if I were to guess it should be worth around 4K, there are a LOT of 939 series trucks out now and demand should be good for that mount! Good luck on it
KK

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks KK, It all seems to be there and it turns (not rusted or frozen). I have some business interests in the New Town area up there, just talked to a manager of mine and he said they were expecting snow tonight. Have fun with that...it's supposed to be 90 here tomorrow. Seriously, I appreciate all the info. I really like the new truck, so much better than the A2.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thtrev and YES on the possible snow, your response was just about the same as my sisters, its 90 in LA today, where is the fun in that. By the possible looks of things this morning may be the last really comfortable day in the deer stand, I have to mow our rifle range this coming Sat. that is if the ground is not covered with crappy stuff! Yuck! All I will add to my comments concerning your gun mount, try finding one that is complete, with as many 939s that were released this year if you want to sell it there is going to be a big demand! Take care and if your ever in the Fargo area let me know!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks