• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Leaf Spring Clamp Broke

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents,

Was doing a little work on the 925 (pulled leaking heater core to fix, hit all the grease zerks, topped off fluids)....and noticed this:

2085A51A-BAAA-435E-9505-BCD20163F09B.jpeg

Broke this particular clamp on both sides (bolt is still in there, just pinched.....looks like it sheared at the head).

Thoughts on cause? I use the truck for light “fun” in our farm field.

Thank you

Bob

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah have like three broken. But I want to switch them out to wrecker beams anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
You know on wrecker springs you have to get the axle saddles for the springs and the wear plates too. They are different.

Replace your torque rods while you are in there since you can not get the uppers on the axle end off without removing the axle saddles or the dog bone clamp bracket on the axle

You know on wrecker springs you have to get the axle saddles for the springs and the wear plates too. They are different.

Replace your torque rods while you are in there since you can not get the uppers on the axle end off without removing the axle saddles or the dog bone clamp bracket on the axle
Just like to ruin my dreams lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The clamp is there to keep the springs from misalignment during install prior to the u bolt being clamped down. Will not hurt you to not have it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks