• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 m923 brake types?

carbonraptor

Ok I know this I Gonna be a newby question but are the m923 and m925s air over hydraulic brakes or air brakes? One is a 1985 and the other is a 1986. Thanks

M813A1

the M393 Series all use the wedge style air brakes on them the older m35 and M809 trucks are air over Hydraulic .. Also with the M939 series truck you will have to get a CDL with air brake endorsement.

martinwcox

the M393 Series all use the wedge style air brakes on them the older m35 and M809 trucks are air over Hydraulic .. Also with the M939 series truck you will have to get a CDL with air brake endorsement.
Check your States rules regarding private and personnal use, I have an M923 and a M936 and in MA I do not need a CDL if its used as a 'recreational vehicle' as in not used for business. Having Antique plates helps as well. YMMV.

carbonraptor

hey guys, yea i been over and over the whole cdl rules and requirements in oregon so much as to have talked to the police, local dmv, and the dmv headquarters of oregon and looked thru all the ways of getting away without a cdl but the only loop hole that i see, and its still not full proof, is to register the vehicle weight for 26k or less on the title even tho the GVWR is higher than that. when it comes down to it tho i think they would put you on a scale and weight your truck. the registered limit is the amount realistically that you will ever carry. so theoretically if your never over 26k your ok. but unfortunetly in oregon with the airbrakes i cant get away with it i dont think. i need a cdl. i could register the vehicle as a "Special Interest" vehicle with the dmv and thats fine. its a one time only registration of 98 bucks and your good for life. You also get special plates rather than T plates but heres the catch. altho when registering it as a special interest vehicle, yes you dont need a cdl legally but you can only drive the vehicle to and from special events like say a car show or parade. if your caught driving it any other time its not good. im not sure what they would do. it seems a cdl is the only way and at 176 bucks a quarter for registration, well im not the happiest camper lol. specially since RV's can go down the road weighing more and much larger and do not require a CDL. i could just do a trip permit everytime i wanna drive it and its good for 2 weeks for 43 bucks but still i got the cdl problem. i could get it.. i just dont think its fair that i should have to. its a BIG truck yea but its not commercial and not a daily driver. Grrrrrrr

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cdl

HI good thing your not in ca,even the 809 5 ton and deuce's you would need air brake endorsment, in ca if it has a compressor on eng they concider it air brakes.:roll:only in ca do we haft to deal with this dumb thinking.

Josh

I had a long conversation with a lady from ODOT and we couldnt find anything that required a CDL for non commercial use. Every regulation we she pulled up had the word "for Commerce" or "commercial." While we couldnt find anything that required a CDL, we also couldn't find anything that specifically said we didnt need it. The rules are a little fuzzy but like most things better safe then sorry.